Gota Love Ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
    The problem is that they no longer have any real mechanics working in dealerships....we all left years ago when Ford decided to get greedy and gouge the shit out of everyone on warranty claims...went from being able to make a decent living to shit in a hurry. Now all they can get are parts-hangers and oil-rack monkeys for what they want to pay.
    oh really....

Comment

So you're going to ditch Ford over a squeaky seat and tapping on your rear glass?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by appelingogt View Post
        oh really....
        my experience is that anybody who's worth a shit starts their own business
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          So you're going to ditch Ford over a squeaky seat and tapping on your rear glass?
          I think he's going to ditch them over their piss-poor customer support
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

appearently....said he was going to Mitsubishi

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              I think he's going to ditch them over their piss-poor customer support
              I worked at a dealer for several years, you have to get Ford up their ass to get anything done. You only get situations like this a few times a year, and it takes a little motivation for them to realize they have to completely solve the problem like the customer wants. A lot of this depends on the service director. Some customers do need to be told to beat it, some have legitimate issues.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                I worked at a dealer for several years, you have to get Ford up their ass to get anything done.
                He got Ford up their ass. Nothing was done. Not to mention, when you buy a new vehicle, you shouldn't have to call Ford Corporate to get a dealer off their asses when they should have done their jobs and fixed the problem the first time.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  He got Ford up their ass. Nothing was done. Not to mention, when you buy a new vehicle, you shouldn't have to call Ford Corporate to get a dealer off their asses when they should have done their jobs and fixed the problem the first time.
                  There is what should be done, and what actually needs to be done. I'm saying as someone who has worked at a dealer, that's reality. You do have to call corporate to light a fire under their ass. They don't want to lose their franchise. Shitty customer support will cause Ford to pull a franchise. Ask Neal Suzuki about what happens when you have shitty customer support.

Comment

i thought neal suzuki closed down cuz they were selling suzukis lol

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                      i thought neal suzuki closed down cuz they were selling suzukis lol
                      Had their franchise pulled because of customer service complaints. You can find them under "Neal Autoplex" now.

Comment

UPDATE:

I dropped my truck off at the dealership today for the 4th time for the same two issues. I took the Shop Foreman, Tech, and GM of the dealership for a ride in the truck. They all heard the noises and I showed them if you push on the rear of the driver seat the squeek goes away instantly and comes right back when you stop pushing. I did this so there was no bullshit of we can't duplicate the problem and we haven't heard it.

Well my phone rings about 5 hours later and it's the service writer. He says that my truck is fixed, but it isn't fixed to my satisfaction. I swear I can't make this shit up. He tells me how there are TSB's out for the Ford Edge and Lincoln MKZ on the seat belt squeeking so they went ahead and replaced that. At this point I lose it. I ask him to tell me what kind of vehicle I drive and he said a 2011 F150. My reply is how the fuck does a TSB for a Ford Edge have anything to do with my seat that squeeks. He then asked if I could come back to the dealership and take the tech for another test drive. Once again I lose it. I've taken this same Tech on 4 test drives. I explained to him that I had to take off from work this morning to drop the truck off and I was damned if I was going to leave early also. He asked about tomorrow and I said no dice as I had plans already. I then asked him how about he calls me after they replace my seat and my truck is fixed. He informed me that replacing the seat was not an option.

I called Ford Corporate back and all I got was the same Lip Service. We talked to the dealer and they said there isn't a squeek. I guess my only options are contacting the BBB, calling the local news stations and getting an attorney involved. At this point I'm so pissed off they have made it personal and I don't care if someone loses their job over this bs.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                          UPDATE:

I called Ford Corporate back and all I got was the same Lip Service. We talked to the dealer and they said there isn't a squeek. I guess my only options are contacting the BBB, calling the local news stations and getting an attorney involved. At this point I'm so pissed off they have made it personal and I don't care if someone loses their job over this bs.
                          I understand your pissed off, but this made me LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                            I understand your pissed off, but this made me LOL.
                            Shit I'll sick the Defenders on their ass. Our local news station runs a different story 2 or 3 times a week where a business is giving a customer the run around. Nothing will fix a problem faster than bad publicity.

Comment

Maybe you should call the President while you're at it. Of the country, I mean. If you're going to get outlandish, go all out!!

Comment

I hear Rick Perry might have some free time soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X