Looking for low cost declaw and neuter vets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for low cost declaw and neuter vets

so we got this cat about 9 months ago and haven't had him declawed or fixed yet. As of this day, he's scratched 2 couches and 2 chairs and my wife is about to give him the boot. Best quote I got was $160 for both (or $110 separate). I'm trying to not spend that much as this really isn't a good time to blow money on a cat. Does anyone know of a cheaper vet that they may have used?

Spca

Comment

why would you declaw a cat?

Comment

$160 is cheap.

personally i wouldnt declaw a cat (let alone have a cat), it's a pretty intensive procedure.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I'll do it for 50 and a tabasco flavored Slim Jim.
          Originally posted by Nash B.
          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

where are you located?

Comment

Normal price of cat neuter is 35. Pretty sure declaw is recommended at a very young age

We got shots for our puppy through them when they came to Irving. Was going to be 115 a set at the vet, they did for 25 each set

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                so we got this cat about 9 months ago and haven't had him declawed or fixed yet. As of this day, he's scratched 2 couches and 2 chairs and my wife is about to give him the boot. Best quote I got was $160 for both (or $110 separate). I'm trying to not spend that much as this really isn't a good time to blow money on a cat. Does anyone know of a cheaper vet that they may have used?
                That is actually pretty decent pricing for a neuter and declaw. I assume you are just looking at front declaw, which is pretty standard. If this is a strictly an indoor cat, go for it. But if it is mainly an outside cat, I would not declaw it. Although I have known some declawed cats that still kill shit with the best of them non-declawed.

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                why would you declaw a cat?
                Because the claw and scratch the shit out of anything they can, and it does not matter the material be it leather, wood, or cloth. Really starts tearing furniture up.

Originally posted by momo View Post
                personally i wouldnt declaw a cat (let alone have a cat), it's a pretty intensive procedure.
                Not really that intensive depending on the vet I guess. Most just use the clippers they use for cutting a dog or cat's toenails and just cut a lot higher. After that, put sutures in and close everything up and wrap with gauze and tape.

Comment

Originally posted by 91GriggsGT View Post
                  Because the claw and scratch the shit out of anything they can, and it does not matter the material be it leather, wood, or cloth. Really starts tearing furniture up.
                  This!
                  They can still scratch the shit out of you with their rear claws and if they run around the house like a maniac, their rear claws can still mess stuff up.

Comment

I used an organization up in Greenville to get Eva spayed, was about $45. I don't think they do declaw, but I'm sure they do spay/neuter. I'll see if I can find their info.

Comment

Declawing isn't ideal but my indoor cat is front declawed. It can make for a happier house hold. She still gets shit with the rear ones though, they can also pick up some biting tendencies after the declaw. If its outside at all don't take its claws.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
                        http://www.texasforthem.org/Default....6&Title=Prices

Normal price of cat neuter is 35. Pretty sure declaw is recommended at a very young age

We got shots for our puppy through them when they came to Irving. Was going to be 115 a set at the vet, they did for 25 each set
                        Man, those prices are cheap! $110 for both is awesome. I'm in Grand Prairie so it may be worth the drive. Thanks for the tip!

He's an indoor cat only and yes, just the front for now. He does run around like a maniac from time to time so we'll see how this goes and can declaw the rears if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                          Man, those prices are cheap! $105 for both is awesome. I'm in Grand Prairie so it may be worth the drive. Thanks for the tip!

He's an indoor cat only and yes, just the front for now. He does run around like a maniac from time to time so we'll see how this goes and can declaw the rears if necessary.
                          They go all over, we just went to Irving because it was closest at the time. Here is another time, all are listed on their schedule

Arlington Vaccine Clinic
                          When
                          Fri, January 13, 2012, 10am – 12pm
                          Where
                          Arlington Animal Svcs, 1000 SE Green Oaks Blvd, Arlington, TX (map)
                          more details» copy to my calendar»

Comment

Don't de-claw a cat. It is the same as having your fingers cut off at the second knuckle down from the tip. I had a cat de-clawed about 9 years ago and was horrified when I found out how it was done and will never do it again.
                            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

You can trim the tips with nail clippers so they aren't sharp - just a tiny bit - too far down will bleed and be very painful. Just enough to take the edge off.

Comment

Working...
                              X