Help me talk my wife out of a minivan..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    I was shocked at how expensive minivans are. Fuck that, just get an suv.
    Hondas, Nissans, and Toyotas are stupid expensive, unless you lease. However, a loaded Dodge Caravan R/T is pretty affordable.

Comment

www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Buy the Dodge instead of an import and in 1-2 years, you'll understand the price difference, but it will be too late.

Odyssey or sienna, if you get a van. Get a v6, because it will get better mileage than the 4 in the real world, and if you ever need thr power, it is there.

I hate minivans, but you're a fool if you don't see the utility. I'm glad my wife hates them too. So far we are pleased with the loaded CX9, but damn do options add up quick.

My 2 cents.
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I saw an Infinity QX56 up close today. I drooled a little. Let her test drive one of those bad boys!

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
            I saw an Infinity QX56 up close today. I drooled a little. Let her test drive one of those bad boys!
            Did you price it? They are usually 2 minivan or mid size suv money. They are nice though.

Also, impressed you know what a framing nail gun is. Very good!
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
              Did you price it? They are usually 2 minivan or mid size suv money. They are nice though.

Also, impressed you know what a framing nail gun is. Very good!
              Yeah, new and loaded run in the high 50's. No idea what used run. I'm well over the SUV phase, but I'd drive one of those.

Lol Thanks, I've used one, too. My ex-husband and I added two bedrooms and an oversized garage to our old house. The only thing he and I didn't do ourselves was the concrete.

Comment

I love this feature on the new QX56... first and only vehicle with this function.

Unlike any other vehicle, though, the QX tells you when you've refilled the tire properly, no gauge required. Pump air into the tire and, as pressure approaches the proper 35 psi, the light on the exterior mirror housing blinks once and the horn honks once when you should quit. Overfilling results in a three-blink warning from the light—release pressure until the horn honks again.

Comment

Yeah, new and loaded run in the high 50's. No idea what used run. I'm well over the SUV phase, but I'd drive one of those.

Lol Thanks, I've used one, too. My ex-husband and I added two bedrooms and an oversized garage to our old house. The only thing he and I didn't do ourselves was the concrete.
                  New QX's are way more than the 50's loaded. A base AWD is almost 62K starting!!! Load one up you are looking at probably in the low 70's
                  2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

Originally posted by johnny--2k View Post
                    New QX's are way more than the 50's loaded. A base AWD is almost 62K starting!!! Load one up you are looking at probably in the low 70's
                    2WD is $58k MSRP and the base models come with nav, roof, DVD, satellite radio, and heated leather. I don't know what your definition of loaded is.

Comment

Well, I've been granted a momentary reprieve. My wife drove a Honda Odyssey and loved it but also got some sticker shock out of it. She wants to hold off for a few more months.

TorchRedStang (my neighbor) also threw the Dodge under the bus by telling her about all the quality issues his parents have had with theirs. He really turned her off to it. So she's going to get the Odyssey but probably not until next summer. The leases are pretty affordable, even at 15K miles per year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                        So she's going to get the Odyssey
                        Very wise decision, IMO. I think it is the best of the bunch.

Comment

I can't even fathom 15k miles a year. I bought my latest truck in Oct with 108k and I've got 115k on it already. And I'm TRYING to keep the miles off of it and not put any unnecessary miles on it
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            I can't even fathom 15k miles a year. I bought my latest truck in Oct with 108k and I've got 115k on it already. And I'm TRYING to keep the miles off of it and not put any unnecessary miles on it
                            There's no way we could lease. Even with me working from home, we've put almost 12,000 miles on the jeep in 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              Understandable, but as you know, I telecommute from home and have a stay at home wife.

I bought the BMW back in late August and have only put just over 2000 miles on it. The 'Nox is what we use for driving around town, most of the time, but we have never gotten over 15K miles a year, even with our trips to Louisiana.

Comment

Working...
                              X