Rant: Can't find private sellers for a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant: Can't find private sellers for a car

I detest dealers, used or new. I only care about dealing with an individual who actually owns it and I only care to haggle with them. So I have been checking Ebay, CL, AutoTrader for a good used minivan. Either no private sellers come up, or what is listed as a private seller turns out to be a business. Damn dealers have ruined CL and overrun ebay and autotrader.

Keeping checking CL. You'll find a private seller. I usually don't like to deal with stealerships either when buying a car, but the last two I bought I actually got a good deal on. I paid less on both of them out the door than what they were going for on CL from private sellers. If you catch a hungry salesman at the end of the month you'll get what you want (within reason).

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      I detest dealers, used or new. I only care about dealing with an individual who actually owns it and I only care to haggle with them. So I have been checking Ebay, CL, AutoTrader for a good used minivan. Either no private sellers come up, or what is listed as a private seller turns out to be a business. Damn dealers have ruined CL and overrun ebay and autotrader.
      Hey Frank, try this site out. It will give you alot more options you can go through in order to find what you are looking for.

Find your next car on AutoTempest! All the used car sites in one search, including craigslist*, Cars.com, AutoTrader*, Kijiji*, eBay and more. (* No affiliation)

Comment

Working...
      X