Need a bit of help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a bit of help

I'm having a discussion with someone who, I'll be polite as referring to him as a liberal, says that despite thousands of first person reports of being spat on upon returning from Vietnam, it never happened. He points out there are no news articles of arrests due to this or it being covered by newspapers. I've pointed to books, individual experiences and such but I'm told I'm still being fooled by these 'fucking REMFs who would never pass a polygraph.'

I know there are some serious research guys here, feel like helping me? I'm looking for articles from the time reporting spitting on returning soldiers.

Oh, and payment:

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Whether or not it is totally true or just a figure of speech, I don't think you'll get anywhere with who you're dealing with. Unless you could produce a time machine and go back to somewhere like the airport in San Fransico from '68-'72 and see it first hand, it would be very hard to prove. I wouldn't worry about it too much about it. Taking into consideration your path in life so far you should sleep just fine without having to "prove" anything else.

Comment

Have him watch Vietnam in HD. That'll settle the debate in your favor.
      Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
        Have him watch Vietnam in HD. That'll settle the debate in your favor.
        Thing is, he's claiming to be a Vietnam infantry guy on my infantry page on FB. He is about as far left as you can get without falling off the board and it's a point of pride that I defend my brothers from Vietnam.

Comment

Example of what I'm dealing with:

[Me] ‎"Were you ever spat upon when you returned home to the United States?" asked syndicated columnist Greene of the Vietnam veterans among his readership. He received over 1000 letters in reply, many recounting specific details of just such a painfully remembered incident
          about an hour ago · Like
          [Liberal Douche] Yup I'm saying they're liars 1000 cases and I'll bet almost all are REMF's

Comment

That guy is a dumbass.

Comment

Sounds like he was stationed in that rear echelon. or someone stuck an echelon up his rear...
              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

It wouldn't matter if you did have a time machine and showed him first-hand. His mind is made up and he's drunk enough liberal koolaid that he'll never acknowledge that facts have no place in his argument.

You'll never get someone who has their thought process tied to an ideology to admit they're wrong.

You KNOW it happened time and time again. And that's what's important.

Comment

How big are those things? Wow.
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post

And I just googled that chick. Damn!

https://www.google.com/search?q=jord...H8uMsAL6sKjzBw
                    That right there might be the second best gift I'll get this Christmas! I'm in love...

Comment

Best bet is find some Nam vets, ask them, and get their permission to videotape their response to prove this idiot wrong. Just a few months ago I was chatting with some when we were riding our bikes for Iraq Vet's funeral. They had no problem letting us know the difference in homecoming vets get now vs then; and most of that reason is because of the shitty way they were treated. I've had probably half a dozen Nam vets tell me the stories of their return to the US so I am sure you would have no problems finding some. But, like was stated above, you probably won't get anywhere with this asshat. Good luck, though. If I knew the guys names I was talking to a few months ago I would get you in touch with them but it was just a random encounter at a funeral.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

It's a pointless debate with no true positive outcome. No vet will feel his honor defended by someone arguing over the interwebs with a left extremist. This sounds like a pride thing to me. Do you go by bcoop or talisman on the other board by any chance? Lol

Comment

This would seem to be what you're looking for...

link

Page 2 has scanned newspaper accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                            Thing is, he's claiming to be a Vietnam infantry guy on my infantry page on FB. He is about as far left as you can get without falling off the board and it's a point of pride that I defend my brothers from Vietnam.
                            He is just one of those people the think if it didn't happen to them, it didn't happen. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to make him think otherwise.

I wish you luck though.

Comment

Working...
                            X