Police get locksmiths to enter homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    Following this train of thought, I should take my alarm system out and not call the police because the alarm may upset them and if they are arrested, they could come back when they get out and burn the house to the ground right?

Oh my freaking GOD.

Do you have to go to the extreme? I've seen literally HUNDREDS of burglaries where the bad guy made off with some of the property, and came back for seconds, or, did a TON of destruction while in the home because of one reason or another.

There is always the possibility of retaliation by the offender, either at the time of the original offense or later.

But by setting a booby trap, you are greatly risking pissing the offender off.

But, don't listen to me, I only have almost 20 years of experience and know nothing about this stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
      No shit. I've got a blown out Chuck Taylor and haven't felt like throwing the scratch around to replace the pair.
      I can get ya a pair 40% off. Just sayin'. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
        Oh my freaking GOD.

Do you have to go to the extreme? I've seen literally HUNDREDS of burglaries where the bad guy made off with some of the property, and came back for seconds, or, did a TON of destruction while in the home because of one reason or another.

There is always the possibility of retaliation by the offender, either at the time of the original offense or later.

But by setting a booby trap, you are greatly risking pissing the offender off.

But, don't listen to me, I only have almost 20 years of experience and know nothing about this stuff.
        You're the one bringing up the extreme. I'm saying that if they break in and get a face full of pepper spray, odds are, they'll move to an easier target. You're saying if I defend my home odds are they'll come back and destroy the place. That's kind of like saying that cops shouldn't pull over anyone because there's a chance they'll get shot. Does it happen? yes. Does it happen often? No. Does that mean that someone shouldn't protect their homes? Hell no.

And your time as a cop in a city does nothing to address the issue of residences like mine. As I stated earlier, the county police and I disagree that I'm even in the county and their response time in the best of times out here runs excess of 1/2 an hour. I have a regular alarm and was looking at the burglar bomb as an addition.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
        X