Trade option. Opinions plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade option. Opinions plz

Got a guy with a 79 Mark V Bill Blass edition in excellent condition. What is buzz on these? I know the newer marks are popular just wondering if these are hot items or even worth my time. I think it's slick looking but I don't wanna be stuck with a classic that isn't worth a bunch or doesn't have a good rep. Believe it's a 460/c6 with 80k original miles.
    (trading my motorcycle or it.)

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
    Got a guy with a 79 Mark V Bill Blass edition in excellent condition. What is buzz on these? I know the newer marks are popular just wondering if these are hot items or even worth my time. I think it's slick looking but I don't wanna be stuck with a classic that isn't worth a bunch or doesn't have a good rep. Believe it's a 460/c6 with 80k original miles.
    (trading my motorcycle or it.)
    $4500-8500 is what I've seen them for. I freaking love those boats!!

Comment

Ok so I'm not the only ones. He just sent me pics and it is emaculate inside and out. It's the rarer one too with the non-removable hardtop and working sunroof. Father-in-law owned since new.

Comment

pics of both for comparison?

Comment

eek. id keep the bike.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Ok so I'm not the only ones. He just sent me pics and it is emaculate inside and out. It's the rarer one too with the non-removable hardtop and working sunroof. Father-in-law owned since new.
            I dont know what kinda bike you are trading, but I dont think ALOT of people are dying for those old lincolns, but if you do find someone, they must pay a decent amount for them.
            Last edited by Shaggin Wagon; 12-22-2011, 04:51 PM. Reason: ninja edit

Comment

Wow, I would never expect to see those fetch that much.

They're not my thing, so this is as far as my advice can go.

Comment

Great cruisers, I love they way they look. That said, theres not much of a market for them.

Comment

It's the rarer one too with the non-removable hardtop
                  Uh, they never made a Mark V that you could remove the roof from.

My dad had one. He thought it was beautiful. He traded in his '77 Trans Am to get a car with "class." It was the biggest pile of shit on the planet. He owned it for two years and never once burned a full tank of gas in it before it needed to go back to the shop for repairs. I can remember this pretty clearly (I was four) because he used to always pick me up from school in some other car. And this was back when the car was new.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Damn Tanner, you don't keep anything long enough to change the oil in it. Btw, since its winter, anything over a bike is good
                    2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
                    Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
                    Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
                    Speedlogix Catch Can
                    Resonator Delete

Comment

Who would pay anything for one of those? If one was given to me I would try and regift it. lol

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                        Who would pay anything for one of those? If one was given to me I would try and regift it. lol
                        LMAO! Well said. THats funny

Comment

My Grandfather gave me one (79 Mark V, not Bill Blass). Factory sunroof, factory CB radio, etc, etc. It had a 400M in it. I gave it a tune up, rebuilt the carb, put valve cover gaskets on it, and other misc little stuff. I had maybe $300 in it total. A few days after I finished everything, a gentleman resembling a well fed Snoop Dee-Oh-Double-Gee came up and asked if it was fr sale. I said, "it depends". He produced $1500 cash and he came back and picked it up later that day.
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                          X