Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IS there a way to attach an antenna to a laptop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS there a way to attach an antenna to a laptop...

My wireless on my laptop is internal so no outside antenna is visible. If I wanted it to be able to get better reception, can I somehow connect an antenna? Where? Other tricks for getting better reception out of it?

duct tape or tie wraps. if that dont work, you dont need it!

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      duct tape or tie wraps. if that dont work, you dont need it!

god bless.
      This what holds the Vert together?

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
        This what holds the Vert together?
        ni66a that is what holds my life together!

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

ni66a that is what holds my life together!

god bless.
          Don't forget the cubic shitton of beer you go through per month.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
            Don't forget the cubic shitton of beer you go through per month.
            you jelly!

antisocial asshole.

god bless.

Comment

you jelly!

antisocial asshole.

god bless.
              you syrup!
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                My wireless on my laptop is internal so no outside antenna is visible. If I wanted it to be able to get better reception, can I somehow connect an antenna? Where? Other tricks for getting better reception out of it?
                A shitty signal in general, or just at your house/apartment? How old is the laptop, what router are you using, and how far away are you from it? If you're not that far away from it, where are you in relation to it (i.e. you're upstairs and the router is downstairs, or vice versa; how many walls/floors in between your laptop and the computer)?

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                  A shitty signal in general, or just at your house/apartment? How old is the laptop, what router are you using, and how far away are you from it? If you're not that far away from it, where are you in relation to it (i.e. you're upstairs and the router is downstairs, or vice versa; how many walls/floors in between your laptop and the computer)?
                  Well...I'm just looking to pick up a neighbors wifi while I am out on our land while the house is being built. Not a permanent plan. Once I move in, I'll wire the house up.

Comment

Get a wire strainer from an Asian food store, and a USB wifi card. Put the USB doohickey through the strainer mesh. Google it for better info.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

One of these might help better.

Comment

The laptop antenna is actually looped up into the back of the monito/lid. Sometimes just rotating the laptop 90 degrees will get ya 2 bars of signal.

Comment

Take it apart and find out.

Find the card. The mini coax is your antenna lead.
                          Full time ninja editor.

Comment

If you were connecting to your own wireless router you could boost the signal with a beer can. Maybe sneak into the neighbor's house and try this.
                            This wikiHow teaches you how to use an empty beer or soda can to marginally increase your Wi-Fi range at home. Keep in mind that using a can to boost your Wi-Fi is unlikely to fix substantial Wi-Fi range issues, and it may actually limit...
                            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
                            X