Anyone like Clam Chowder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone like Clam Chowder?

Since it finally got cold I had a hankering for clam chowder. I tried out this recipe from the Cliff House in Maine and damn was it good. I added a little extra arrowroot to thicken it more and and salt and pepper to taste and it was the best chowder I've ever tasted. I also put the corn in when I added the potatoes because it was a little underdone after the roasting. Hell, how can you go wrong when you start out with cooking bacon in butter.
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

I'll be trying this out tonight. I fucking love soups, chowders, etc. Not stew though. That shit's nasty.

EDIT - Question though, where did you find clam broth, or did you make your own?
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I bought the Bar Harbor clam broth from Market Street. Also used baby clams instead of chopped clams since they are not as tough.
      Last edited by Trick Pony; 12-07-2010, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I do, but only eat it if I'm on the coast.

Comment

Chicken corn chowder + jalapenos and jalapeno juice > *.

Comment

Love it.

We need a food forum

Comment

This stuff is worth making. Better than any restaurant chowder I've eaten on either coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                I bought the Bar Harbor clam broth from Market Street. Also used baby clams instead of chopped clams since they are not as tough.
                Yeah, I usually use baby clams instead of chopped on anything I cook with clams. Sounds like I need to find a Market Street. There aren't any near me, and in the past I've looked for clam broth at both the local grocery stores, with no luck.

Comment

There is a good amount of broth in the can with the clams too but I've found that it pays off to use the better broth in the bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    Yeah, I usually use baby clams instead of chopped on anything I cook with clams. Sounds like I need to find a Market Street. There aren't any near me, and in the past I've looked for clam broth at both the local grocery stores, with no luck.
                    If you do end up at Market Street, the Monterey Sourdough that they bake there is the shit with some chowder.

Comment

Im going to make that tomorrow.
                      I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck

Comment

i ate at the Cliffhouse in San Fran 10 years ago. Great view. I love chowder too. Might have to dig into this.
                        Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

I love clam chowder.. Unfortunately I typically just eat canned stuff. Primarily Campbells Chunky.

Comment

I eat it once a month.. Its all red and chunky.
                            WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              I love clam chowder.. Unfortunately I typically just eat canned stuff. Primarily Campbells Chunky.
                              That's a disservice to chowder, clams, and your taste buds.

Comment

Working...
                              X