Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone buy a 2011 Fiesta? My thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone buy a 2011 Fiesta? My thoughts...

I've had a 2011 Fiesta SES (5 door) as a rental car for a few days. Neat little car. Lots of nice little touches.

The bad: As you can imagine, it's gutless. It doesn't lack the pep to pass on the highway, but starting from 0 mph, it takes forEVER to get to 60. The automatic transmission leaves a whole lot to be desired; it's jerky at best at parking lot speeds, but it shifts smoothly at higher RPMs. The door lock situation is weird, it has a button on the lower center dash under the radio controls, and no actual lock mechanism on the doors, which is strange. One problem is that if the doors are locked, you can open them from the inside, even the back doors...at any speed...any time you want. Major safety concern. I've been used to being able to open locked front doors from the inside, and I know cars come standard equipped with child safety locks, but that is inconvenient if you have adult passengers in the back seat. The instrument panel and electronic controls are confusing as hell, and it would take a long time to get used to. It doesn't help that the rental car didn't come with an operator's manual. It also has dismal back seat room. Kids seats would probably be hard to put in, and if you have tall people in the fron, forget about any sort of rear leg room.

The good: Ride comfort is the best of any subcompact car I've ever been in. It feels stable, even at high speeds and high speed passing. Handling is awesome. Just like the Focus, it's one of (if not THE) best cars in its class when it comes to handling out of the box. The steering is weighted nicely and is very responsive and offers great feel. You'd expect to be cramped by looking at it from the outside, and although I'm a little guy at 5'7" and 135 lbs., the front seats provide plenty of room. There's a million cupholders, it has an auxiliary audio input, usb connectivity, and Ford's Sync system, which I cant figure out how to work with my iPhone. Seating surfaces are all cloth in this one, and are quite comfortable and supportive. I thought heated seats were standard with the SES model, but if they had them I couldn't find the button for them. It may be some sort of weird "rental options" package that didn't come with them. Best part about this car? Fuel economy. I've AVERAGED 35 mpg with about 50/50 highway and city driving. That's just amazing. This car would be a pick for me over the Prius or any other hybrid any day if I were worried about fuel economy/fun ratios.

Overall (Cliff's Notes): Nice handling little sub compact with ample front seat room, awesome cargo space, and nice interior touches. Janky, confusing radio that's hard to use, no power, and shitty manual transmission. If you want one, get the manual trans with hardly any other options and you can have a $15k daily beater that will be awesome on fuel and deliver a minor bit of fun.

I really like those little cars. Especially the hatchbacks.

Comment

Don't they have an SVT Fiesta in the works?
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
        Not sure, but they have a 3 door coming soon supposedly.

Needs this to even be considered; http://jalopnik.com/5679541/us-rally...new-ford-parts

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
          Not officially but the Fiesta ST appears to be on the way...

Comment

Expensive for what it is.. A simple automatic hatch is $15,000+

Comment

£19,995+VAT for the R2 kit? No damn way. Call me when the AWD/turbo road car comes out.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I like it, don't get me wrong, but I'll probably be buying a used mazdaspeed3 for ~$15K instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                  I like it, don't get me wrong, but I'll probably be buying a used mazdaspeed3 for ~$15K instead.
                  Absolutely! I like the Fiesta but it's way overpriced.

Comment

Needs more hp and rear disks.

Comment

Cheap Transportation from A to B... Why not?! Save gas during the week and Guzzle on the weekend!
                      ./ ____ _ _\.
                      (]]]_ o _[[[)
                      \o_FORD_o/
                      |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

So you have an auto in your rental but are bashing the manual trans? I've driven one with a manual trans a few times and had no problems. Like with any subcompact, it's gonna lack power, especially when paired with an auto.
                        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                          So you have an auto in your rental but are bashing the manual trans? I've driven one with a manual trans a few times and had no problems. Like with any subcompact, it's gonna lack power, especially when paired with an auto.
                          I'm pretty sure that was a slip.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            I'm pretty sure that was a slip.
                            I figured. Just wanted to make a point that any car with an automatic trans and a 100hp is gonna be a bit slow off the line. For the short time I was in one, it seemed like a decent little vehicle. I'm not sure what the average cost of a subcompact is, but $15,000 seems reasonable IMO. I always hate when people compare buying a used car to a new one. Apples to oranges. Why buy a waverunner when you can buy a used boat?
                            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                              £19,995+VAT for the R2 kit? No damn way. Call me when the AWD/turbo road car comes out.
                              I didn't realize it was that much, mother fuck. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X