George T. Stagg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George T. Stagg

After being informed of the finer side of Bourbon, I decided to try my hand at branching out to find more of these wonderful potions.

I found George T. Stagg a few bottles down from the Booker's that Cooter had mentioned. Thank you once again for opening my eyes.

The Booker's was good, as well as very strong. This batch of George T. Stagg that I tried was even better.

It was a lot smoother, had more barrel flavor, and was a bit stronger. However, it is a little more expensive.

Now for the goods..... It's 143 proof. That's right folks, 71.5 % alcohol by volume.

I still preferred mine neat and sipped on. Everyone else had to mix it with coke in order to keep their dignity while drinking it.

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
    I still preferred mine neat and sipped on. Everyone else had to mix it with coke in order to keep their dignity while drinking it.
    There is nothing dignified about mixing any good whiskey with coke.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      There is nothing dignified about mixing any good whiskey with coke.
      Hello sir, this is the choir. You're gonna want to turn around and face the congregation.

They couldn't handle the alcohol in the flavor. I tried to tell them to sip it and breathe through their noses, but they all opened wide and gasped for air. It was hilarious.

Comment

Damn I love bourbon. 143 proof and still smooth sounds intriguing so I might have to get a bottle.
        I went to Goody Goody in Anna the other day and was pleased to find that they had a bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve. The guy told me that they only get allocated 4 bottles per store per year and it was the last one so I had to have it.
        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I think it's smooth. However, when dealing with alcohol content of this magnitude one must understand relativity.

It was certainly smoother, to me, than Booker's. The look on my friends faces would say it is harsh and unsuitable for human consumption.

One person called it paint thinner. However, she likes her vodka with juice or red bull, so I don't think she counts as a viable judge either.

I especially liked the feeling of the alcohol seeping everywhere. It just might have the ability to crawl vertical.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
            was pleased to find that they had a bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve. The guy told me that they only get allocated 4 bottles per store per year and it was the last one so I had to have it.
            What store???

I want some Pappy.

edit: re-read. might have to make a drive.

Comment

Working...
            X