Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best windshield wipers?

Is there one set superior to others?

Do they still make good wipers these days? I can't seem to find any that last longer than six months these days...

On a serious note, use RainX or just wax the windshield. I rarely use wipers on any vehicle I own after I started using that stuff...
    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
      Do they still make good wipers these days? I can't seem to find any that last longer than six months these days...

On a serious note, use RainX or just wax the windshield. I rarely use wipers on any vehicle I own after I started using that stuff...

I've used Rain-x and it last a little while, but when I used waxed on mine, it last a lot longer.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post

I dont know, the last 3 Ive purchased (3 different ones) all havent lasted more than 6 mos each.

Comment

We had record heat this summer. Heat = cheap rubber death. You're lucky if you get more than a year out of a set of wipers in N Texas, regardless of brand.

Comment

I clean my blades with alcohol and they last a little longer. I use rainx blades from costco.

Comment

I have motorcraft blades but clay bar and rain x the windshield so I never use them unless it's a monsoon out there

Comment

The best ones I've run are Bosch. They are expensive and kind of a pain in the ass to put on but they work good and last longer. No annoying squeaking either. I have 5 cars and have run all different brands but like others said, most don't seem to last more than 6 months here in TX.
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I run Bosch brand wipers as well, they seem to be working great and didnt come apart during the summer.

Comment

I like the rainx latitudes.
                    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

PIAA makes a wiper blade that works great on my FJ. It's a more heavy duty design and seems to clean the crap off the window better. The first set I had lasted about a year. I put the 2nd set on a few months back and they are working just as good as the first ones. I've used the high-end Bosch blades before and I like them too, but not as much as the PIAA blades.

Comment

The best ones I have used are the triple edge rain-x wipers.
                        Vortex rear stand $75
                        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                        11 4 door
                        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

The Bosch have been the best wipers by far. Anco, RainX, and a few others never lasted worth a shit and even in brand new condition weren't near as quiet as these Bosch wipers are.
                          "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Trico NeoForm's are the best blades I've used yet.

Comment

I like the Bosch Icon blades and I use RainX which keeps usage of wipers to a minimum. Icons last well over a year for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X