FDA Cracks down on DIY sperm donor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDA Cracks down on DIY sperm donor.

If he were having sex with them, it wouldn't be an issue, though.....

The Food and Drug administration is working to put an end to a California' man's free sperm donation operation. Trent Arsenault, who has provided more than 350 donations and fathered 14 children through them, tells KNTV's Traci Grant he's just "helping people in need."
    By JoNel Aleccia
    A California man is vowing to continue his do-it-yourself sperm donor operation, despite efforts of federal health officials to crack down on the free service.
    Trent C. Arsenault, 36, of Fremont, Calif., told msnbc.com that he has fathered 14 children -- with four more on the way -- and donated sperm to between 60 and 75 families since he started the online operation in 2006.

“Every time I log into Facebook, I’m overwhelmed with all the pictures from the families,” said Arsenault, who regards his donations as a way to help low-income people struggling with infertility.
    Last year, federal Food and Drug Administration officials delivered a letter ordering Arsenault to “cease manufacturing,” or halt his service, because the computer security expert had not followed regulations governing safety precautions for transmission of human cells or tissues through donor clinics.
    “We have legitimate concerns,” said Shelly Burgess, a spokeswoman for the FDA.
    But Arsenault was allowed to continue the operation while the agency decided whether to grant him a hearing on the matter, according to his lawyers.
    The lawyers, who work for the nonprofit legal firm Cause of Action in Washington, D.C., argue that Arsenault shouldn’t be held to clinic sperm donor standards because his contracts with recipients are individual intimate partner arrangements allowed under the law.
    No hearing has yet been scheduled, Burgess said. Arsenault could face penalties including court action if the agency concludes that his acts were a violation of federal regulations.

"Cease manufacturing." lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      I know. I read that and thought, "So, he can't even masturbate?"

Comment

He's like a modern day Genghis Khan! In a few hundred years every person will be traceable back to his lineage.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Mandatory snip snip
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Isn't a rapist a DIY sperm donor?
            2012 GT500

Comment

How is this any different than deadbeats with different baby mammas, such as Antonio Cromartie who has fathered nine children with eight women living in six states.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                How is this any different than deadbeats with different baby mammas, such as Antonio Cromartie who has fathered nine children with eight women living in six states.
                Surrogate dad? I guess you can call it that. Maybe the "dad" can't get er done and he needs someone to pinch hit for him. Or maybe the chick just wants a kid without all the strings attached (good luck for the kid *shakes head*)

Comment

Well, at least now he has the excuse of saying:

Since the FDA presented me with a cease and desist order for manufacturing, the only way I can donate the sperm now is if I have sex with your wife. How bad do you want a child?

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                    Well, at least now he has the excuse of saying:

Since the FDA presented me with a cease and desist order for manufacturing, the only way I can donate the sperm now is if I have sex with your wife. How bad do you want a child?
                    I'm pretty sure that's already what he's doing...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      If so we now have the government trying to interfere with who we bang. Nice. Not oppressive in the least, are they?
                      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        Then what the heck is the problem?

Comment

LMAO @ this comment-----> OMG Dont the mothers get to see a picture of the donor.

Its his only chance, I thought he was supposed to go blind not the women.

Comment

LMAO at some of the comments posted at the original site!!!

"Wow! lol The gift that you can't see for 9 months...or so."
                            ./ ____ _ _\.
                            (]]]_ o _[[[)
                            \o_FORD_o/
                            |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                              Then what the heck is the problem?
                              The GOV wants Its cheese.

Stevo
                              Originally posted by SSMAN
                              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
                              X