Anyone in the scrap metal business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in the scrap metal business?

I have a nice bit of tungsten I for sure want to get rid of and I am contemplating selling a piece of 60lb pure copper round stock that I have. I just have no idea who buys this stuff without going into the hood to some of those scrap yards....

Call around and get the best price you can over the phone. Gold Metals and Oak Cliff Metals are good and there are a few places near Sherman that pay well.

Comment

There is a place on Irving Blvd just east of regal row

Comment

I used to sell empty cans for beer money..
        Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

its been YEARS since I have gone to the place on Irving Blvd but I know that back then I was hauling off scrap for my dads friend in Irving and I used to drive out to someplace east of Dallas because the place on Irving Blvd wouldn't pay shit.

it was worth the time and money to make the trips to the other locations (made about 10 trips total with a longbed truck and 18ft trailer hauling old patio covers, awnings stuff like that)
          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

I usually go to Garland Steel.

6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

78 Suburban (slammed with LS in future)
            54 Olds 88 2dr HT
            12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

the place down the road on irving blvd still has super cheap pricing. the only place that's worth a damn in my opinion is golds metal on lamar call them here's their # 214 421 0247

Comment

Call around is my recommendation.

Not really related, but car bodies are going for $11 a hundred right now locally, if anyone needs to get rid of junk rollers or whatnot, it is a good time to sell.

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

This stuff is not scrap per-say but is more raw material.

Comment

NASCAR/roundy-round racers love tungsten. Advertise it on racingjunk, or maybe pm Grape and see if he knows anyone that might need it.

Comment

I had to get rid of some stuff a few months ago and found that dealing with recyclers in TX is a pain in the ass. Gold Metal told me that they wouldn't pay up front and said that it would take them a few weeks to mail me a check; a check for $159,800. I asked them if they really thought that I was that stupid. For the amount that you are trying to get rid of I would just put it on craigs list. There are also a few places that will buy tungsten that you ship to them.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                        I had to get rid of some stuff a few months ago and found that dealing with recyclers in TX is a pain in the ass. Gold Metal told me that they wouldn't pay up front and said that it would take them a few weeks to mail me a check; a check for $159,800. I asked them if they really thought that I was that stupid. For the amount that you are trying to get rid of I would just put it on craigs list. There are also a few places that will buy tungsten that you ship to them.
                        If I remember correctly, the state makes them get their customers ID cards or something to try and help prevent theft some. Maybe that was the case,or maybe they didn't have $159K in cash behind the bulletproof glass.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

I have had decent luck at Mansfield metal...

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                              If I remember correctly, the state makes them get their customers ID cards or something to try and help prevent theft some. Maybe that was the case,or maybe they didn't have $159K in cash behind the bulletproof glass.
                              I had an invoice and title to what I was trying to sell and would have gladly accepted a check on the spot. They told me that TX law will not let a them make a payment without them first issuing a special ID to me but the real deal killer is that they would not agree to sign a contract stating the amount that I was due. I took my business out of state and closed the deal without a hitch.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                              X