Any REO people here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any REO people here?

I know there are a number of you on here in the Real Estate profession or that work for lenders in a back office role.

The house next door is basically a foreclosure. Not sure of all the details other than knowing that the owner more or less abandoned it and it has been on the market for 6 months or so.

So there is a very large tree on "their" side of the fence, about half of which hangs over our side, most of which is above my roof. Over the years I have trimmed limbs that got too close to, or touched my roof. With all of the heat and lack of rain from this summer the tree is doing a pretty good job of dying off and I am concerned about some of the larger limbs that the woodpeckers have done a lot of work on. The limbs that appear dead or dying are out of my reach and I don't really feel like paying to have them taken down on my own dime.

If I contact the lender that has possession of the house, what are the chances that they will send out someone to address the issues with this tree? I don't necessarily think the whole thing needs to be taken down but there are a number of dead or dying limbs and there is a good amount of mistletoe, which as I understand it will also continue killing it off.

I figure I will contact the selling agent to get the lender info and reach out to them directly, but don't want to waste my time if there is little to no chance they will address it.

craig, since its abandoned,i would just go over there and cut it down.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
      It's way too big for me to tackle on my own. Not to mention it is precariously close to my house (and "theirs", not that that concerns me as much). The trunk is less than 5 feet from the wall of my den.

Comment

You could contact your local HOA if you have one or the city if it's a safety hazard. Let them do the leg-work and take care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
          THis

THe bank won't do SHIT to accomidate a neighbor of a property they own. Now if you want to call the city to stir the pot you may have something going there. If it were me I'd go over there and cut it down myself.

Comment

Originally posted by tito View Post
            You could contact your local HOA if you have one or the city if it's a safety hazard. Let them do the leg-work and take care of it.
            It's an older neighborhood without an HOA.

Originally posted by Real Estate Nate View Post
            THis

THe bank won't do SHIT to accomidate a neighbor of a property they own. Now if you want to call the city to stir the pot you may have something going there. If it were me I'd go over there and cut it down myself.
            No way I am going to try and mess with it.. I have taken down some larger branches and trees on my property but this thing is very large. The trunk is a couple feet in diameter and the tree is at least 30' tall and very spread out.

I may look into the city route but wouldn't expect much from them.

Comment

Craig send me your email address and I'll send you the tax roll info so you can try and get in touch with the lien holder.
              Last edited by Leah; 12-13-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                It's an older neighborhood without an HOA.

No way I am going to try and mess with it.. I have taken down some larger branches and trees on my property but this thing is very large. The trunk is a couple feet in diameter and the tree is at least 30' tall and very spread out.

I may look into the city route but wouldn't expect much from them.
                \

HOw much would it be worth to ya if if I handled it?? : )

Comment

Craig send me your email address and I'll send you the tax roll info so you can try and get in touch with the lien holder.
                  That's not the one, but will do.
                  Last edited by Leah; 12-13-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

\

HOw much would it be worth to ya if if I handled it?? : )
                    I can get the Tongans to come out and take it down for a good price, but the whole idea is that I don't want to pay for it.

Comment

wait till about 3:30am tie one end of a chain to the tree, the other to your bronco place in 4lo.......................

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

If it's that big of a concern to you, the city will take care of it if you call them and complain. I've got a rather large property with lots of trees and had a dead tree pulled and hauled off for $40. Nobody wants to get serial crushed by some huge freaking tree.

Comment

I would think if you kick up enough dust, they might. If you can speak to someone that has the authority I'd try to point out the obvious... things like the likelihood of your house getting damaged when that branch falls because too much ice collected from the first sleet storm we'll get.

Maybe they're not aware of it's condition. Removing that tree should also help resale value for them. If you don't plan on cutting down what's hanging over your property line, I'd take a ton of pics so you have proof when it comes time to sue them.

Good luck with that. I had a similar deal like that with a neighbor's dead tree....fortunately they cut it down before it became a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by tito View Post
                            If it's that big of a concern to you, the city will take care of it if you call them and complain. I've got a rather large property with lots of trees and had a dead tree pulled and hauled off for $40. Nobody wants to get serial crushed by some huge freaking tree.
                            On private property??? I think they'll be more likely to give you the finger. lol

Comment

the bank is legally liable for any injuries or damage caused on or due to lack of maintanience of the property. It was in the news last year, that's why banks hire management co's to take care of the foreclosed propoerties. It's BIG business right now to get a bank contract for care and repair.

Comment

Working...
                              X