Mystery solved...sabotaged!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery solved...sabotaged!!!

Recap: I purchased a 2001 Tahoe end of November. Put 2-3 tanks of gas through it and the fuel pump goes out. I get it replaced at a local shop and within the first 75 miles of the fuel pump install I get an SES light. Get the code pulled it is too high of pressure in the fuel tank. I get it cleared at autozone as they say this is common or the first tank or two after a new install. I don't think that is the case but I say wtf I will see what happens. Next tankful it trips the SES light within 50 miles and then clears itself 75-100 miles later before we can get the code rescanned. Next tank same thing. I get the code read. Same code. I go buy the gm vent solenoid. Couple days pass.

Fast forward to about 30 minutes ago. I am out in the cold, still not feeling good from this damn stomach bug. Crawl under the Hoe' and pull off the bad vent solenoid. What do I find?????????A piece of a f'ing blue shop rag stuffed inside the inlet to the purge solenoid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say I put the new one on, and will never be using that local shop again. How do I know it was them? The Hoe throws a code almost instantly since the fuel pump install, and didn't at all prior to the install. I am assuming they put it there to trip the SES light, have me come up there get it checked, have them say it was bad, and have me pay them to remove the blue shop towel, and be on my way.

Moral of the story...do all repairs yourself apparently!
    Last edited by 2K2 LS1; 12-06-2010, 05:29 PM.

+1 on DIY
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I would've done the pump install; but it was on Thanksgiving day and my dad offered to pay for the install, seeing as I had paid cash for the tahoe and was a lil light in the wallet that week

Comment

I thought of Beastie Boys when I read the title.
        Originally posted by talisman
        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
        Originally posted by AdamLX
        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Because fuck you, that's why
        Originally posted by 80coupe
        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
        Originally posted by Rick Modena
        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Why post all that and omit the name? Let everyone else know where not to go.

Comment

Yep I learned the hard way, if you can do it yourself then DO IT!

Comment

That sounds very shitty. What is the shop's name? So I can stay away.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                Why post all that and omit the name? Let everyone else know where not to go.
                Originally posted by Racewerx View Post
                That sounds very shitty. What is the shop's name? So I can stay away.
                Open the Yelow pages to the auto repair section and throw a dart...

Comment

Maybe just an honest mistake? When i do pump changes i cover all openings with rags to keep dirt and shit out. Don't reckon ive left one in yet tho.

Comment

where did it happen?

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                      Open the Yelow pages to the auto repair section and throw a dart...

Ha! Big no shit on that! I see it daily. It's a shame, really.

Comment

I'm guessing the shop had blue shop towels? If so you should raise some hell.

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
                          I'm guessing the shop had blue shop towels? If so you should raise some hell.
                          ...or, soak said blue shop towel in fuel and toss it in the shop after hours and BURN THAT MF TO THE GROUND!

And x2336465032974358 on needing the shop name!

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                            ...or, soak said blue shop towel in fuel and toss it in the shop after hours and BURN THAT MF TO THE GROUND!

And x2336465032974358 on needing the shop name!

David
                            exactly! i like your style! no homo.

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                            X