Being injured sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kenny c View Post
    Did you break your clavicle in 3 places at one time or 3 separate times in the same place?

That's a fast full reconstructive surgery... I was out a full year, but I didn't have insurance and had to pay cash for the surgery. Afterwards I did not have the funds for rehad, so I went 3 times and just did the rest myself. Anyway, good luck!

Post pics of your knee, the burn, the bike, etc
    Three separate times all 5 mos to the day of the previous. Broke it once. Laid off for 3mos. It broke again in same spot without crashing. Overjumped a triple and flat landed. Had surgery. Was back on bike in less than a month. Broke it again lateral to the plate when I highsided a huge berm at Cycle Ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
      Dave, did you use to practice here in DFW? If so can you recommend a good ortho surgeon for me?

BTW, you can put that $1500 in repairs for your bike towards a nice KTM350
      Never practiced up there. Sorry, dont know anyone to recommend. I am sure some on here can offer a recommendation. The 350f may be on the horizon...but the 2011 crf450 is next.

Comment

Hurt to bad to hobble to the garage to take pics. Its lucky it is even in the garage as I had to unload it.

Comment

Dave, did you use to practice here in DFW? If so can you recommend a good ortho surgeon for me?

Dr. Roux, Baylor. Just had mine done in May.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
            Maybe you attended my alma mater?
            Class of 78' Animal Science(fund of Animal Husbandry)

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
              Class of 78' Animal Science(fund of Animal Husbandry)
              Wow. Old fart! 20yrs before me! Pre-med/chemistry/biochem.

Comment

If you need to be carried around piggyback for the cotton bowl, I'll gladly do so for the cost of a club seat ticket...

Comment

Not sure which part of the metroplex you are on but two we've used and have been rather happy with:

Dr. Terry Madsen, 190/Renner Rd, 972-664-0606

Dr. William Burns, Coit/121, 214-472-8100

Madsen fixed my ruptured achilles tendon. Ran my first triathlon 4 months after surgery/month long PT.

Burns worked on my daughter's back and also diagnosed a scoliosis condition with her that no one else found. Injury to playing volleyball again in a week.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

sorry to hear! get well soon

Comment

100 bucks on 18 holes straight up!

LOL. Hope ya get up and around soon.
                      Photobucket

Comment

Being injured always sucks. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
                        WRX

Comment

I'll look up my ortho's contact info and PM you. First ortho I saw looked at my MRI, and asked me when I'd like to schedule surgery on my rotator cuff. Luckily, I got a second opinion. This ortho told me that what I had (bursitis and something else) was commonly misread on MRIs, due to the way it flashes across the screen and looks like a torn ligament. He saved me from surgery with some intense rehab, and a few cortisone shots. He was recommended by another board member on here Jackass Racing (Kelly), who did have to have the cuff surgery. He came highly recommended to me, and I'd highly recommend him to anyone.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                            I had a high speed get-off at the MX track yesterday. 75ft double and I hit a kicker on take off and the rear end came over too fast to save. I bailed and tore my ACL in my left knee...the bike then hit me square in the back and back of my head knocking me out. I ended up on top of the bike laying on the header pipe which burned the piss out of my chest. So ACL out, burn on my chest, back contusion, concussion and multiple scrapes. On crutches and seeing how hard it is to get around and do my daily routine.
                            Oh, and the bike is trashed. ~$1500 damage.

Hmm... yes... uh huh... yes....

OK, let me diagnose this for you - the torn ACL has a legitimas strainus at the lateral motive resulting in hurtimus maximus. Obvious cranial trauma stemming from bangus headus but I don't see any long term damage, which was helped immensely by hardess headess (aka thick skull). Large open contusion on medial back - no problem there, couple of Chilis' nose hair stitches and your good. Now, you have experienced significant burnest chestus in the glutial moob area, this will need a possible skin graft and may have to come from the stinkus glutious area.

My suggestion - stop trying to be 17 again and stay off the motor bikes!

*slips on latex glove*
                            Now, bend over and touch your knees.....

Just thought you might like being on the other end of your job Dave.
                            On a serious note, sux to take a spill like that but you came out much better than it "could" have been. I've seen some pretty nasty outcomes from wrecks similar to yours, back when I raced MX/X-Country.

Good luck doc.

David

Comment

Lmao. You need professional help.

Comment

Hooker?

David

Comment

Working...
                                X