Quick register car question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick register car question

Bought a wrecked car out of LA. Got title transfered to my name now I want to get a black tag/register it. County clerk said I need to get it inspected but it still has LA inspection valid till next year.

So how do I inspect it once its finished being repaired? Like how would I drive it with no tags and not fear getting pulled over driving to inspection place...

You take it to an inspection place.

Keep the paper work with you and also make sure you tell the inspection place you are doing it to get a new TX reg. for it. They should give you an extra form to give to the clerk.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Yup, get a greensheet from the inspector.

Take the risk driving it there, or tow it. Hell, I would just drive it with the LA plates til the inspection is out. I bought a car in CA last year and did this. Drove it until the CA plate expired. Great for the toll roads!!!

Comment

had to give la plates to the previous owner he was adament about that.

No way to get a black tag before getting it inspected?

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
          had to give la plates to the previous owner he was adament about that.

No way to get a black tag before getting it inspected?

Smart guy.

What is a "black tag"?

Comment

what dealerships use before you get a real license plate you get a black tag so police can still issue tickets type deal.

sometimes called temporary tag.

Comment

How were you able to transfer title without inpsecting the car first? I always had to inspect then register/title at same time?
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                what dealerships use before you get a real license plate you get a black tag so police can still issue tickets type deal.

sometimes called temporary tag.
                Ah, like a dealer tag, paper and stuff. I know they are everywhere in Dallas, even on broke down 20 yr old shitboxes, so someone is issuing them. Try a smaller dealership and slip them a $20 or something.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                  How were you able to transfer title without inpsecting the car first? I always had to inspect then register/title at same time?
                  car was inspected in la before wreck so idk got new tx title in my hands though.

Comment

Working...
                  X