No announcement yet.

Getting puppy started on raw diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is crazy, I don't think I've ever heard of this kind of diet. I don't know what I would think if I went to someone's house and their dog had a big pile of meat in his bowl, lol.
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
      I haven't thought about going up to pilgrims but that's probably what I'll have to do.... What did you do about feeding them organs, I know they're high in nutrition?

I can go shoot a rabbit, coyote or hogs..... But that's only when I'm out at the farm which is every other weekend. Thanks for the heads up! I haven't talked to my vet about this yet.
      I personally would only feed stuff I can buy. I have heard of lots of people feeding rabbit and deer, but you have to watch out for possible diseases. I wouldnt feed rodent. Coyote seems cannibalistic to me, but whatever works for you.

My dogs diet usually consisted of 75% chicken, 5% organs, throw in a couple raw eggs for a treat...they loved it. Less poop was great. They were very healthy on the diet, and my vet commented how their coat was always shiny and soft. Id do it again, but dont have the time. Small dogs would be much easier. You should feed .02-.03 x the adult body weight.

Comment

What was in the other 20%?
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Thanks for all the information... It's all been helpful!

Quick question though.... How do I know what bones are safe for my mut in various different meats?

Comment

Quick question though.... How do I know what bones are safe for my mut in various different meats?
            If they choke, use different bones.

Comment

I just stick with raw chicken. They are soft and chewable. None of the beef bone will be soft...no pork bones will be either.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                I just stick with raw chicken. They are soft and chewable. None of the beef bone will be soft...no pork bones will be either.
                I was told watch out for turkey bones as well.

Comment

Working...
                X