Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
    No.
    You're in the military right? What branch/job?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      Infantry tends to have the smartest people in it. Most people I served with, with some exceptions, blew the ASVAB out of the water but wanted to prove something to themselves. We have to know multiple weapons from rifles to TOW ITAS to the Javelin, know how to do repairs to said weapons, understand individual, team and squad tactics and know basics about disarming mines and setting them for max destruction. Most of that is just to graduate basic
      In my experience, the most intelligence is in Engineers, EOD, and Commo.

Comment

maybe it's just you

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          I would've thought so too. I don't know what it is, maybe the Abrams is too automated.

The only exception is one guy on here. He can actually operate an SLR, so clearly he's WAY above any tanker I met.

The few conversations I've had with them, were more or less like talking with an ape.

Now don't get me wrong, the seem to be able to handle a tank well, I'm just not sure if it's the heat, loud noises or what. They just ain't right.
          You're killing me REMF! LoL!

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
          I think you may have Matt (who was Marine comms) confused with Jimmy (who was an Army Abrams jockey, and will not be pleased).
          Oh, he knows! He played with radios back in the office while we were out in the field.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
          George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Treadhead View Post
            You're killing me REMF! LoL!

Oh, he knows! He played with radios back in the office while we were out in the field.
            lol...I complimented you as you seem to be the exception. However, as a highly intelligent REMF I am qualified to make these statements. I won't rehash it, but most Tankers - wow.

Oh and I played with computers/networking gear too - in the TOC and did retrans in the field. Really tough sleeping without the heater.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
              You're in the military right? What branch/job?
              I got off active duty in May.

Marine Corps Infantry

Comment

Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Expected
                May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                  That's just it. Who joins the Army to be in the Band? Can you imagine? "Well kids, I served in the military during xyz wars."

"Oh? What did you do?"

"I was a horn player for the Army marching band."

"Oh."
                  Hah, that made me laugh really hard. My uncles ex-stepson is in the Marine Corp. Band. He is the biggest pos I have ever met. He was one of the really nerdy kids that went in to prove something, now believes he is the biggest, baddest 100lb guy on earth. My grandparents worship the ground he walks on and I don't get it. I was a Cavalry Scout 19D and they could have cared less about me lol. I don't get it either. He is flying up the ranks faster then I did in the Army all while blowing a horn and probably other objects.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                    He is flying up the ranks faster then I did in the Army all while blowing a horn and probably other objects.
                    and now you know why he advances so fast lol

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      lol...I complimented you as you seem to be the exception. However, as a highly intelligent REMF I am qualified to make these statements. I won't rehash it, but most Tankers - wow.

Oh and I played with computers/networking gear too - in the TOC and did retrans in the field. Really tough sleeping without the heater.
                      I wouldn't know about that part. You can sleep on the back deck of the Abrams in 0* weather and still sweat in a sleeping bag!
                      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
                      George Orwell

Comment

Meh, most marines I've met have been pretty cool peoples, mostly because I met them through my brother and brother in law, both of whom are in the Marines. My brother in law's buddies are oddly much less "hardcore" even though they are all MSOB, they're just laid back dudes that goof off alot and party pretty hard (when they're not working, obviously LOL). My brother's buddies attempt to act more "marine" and they are all a bunch of POG computer nerds in Intel.
                        http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                          Marines are people, they have different personalities, charactor etc.. lumping them all together is just dumb..

honestly though, when i served, i thought a lot of the Marines i ran across were dumb.
                          I'm guessing the ratio of dumb marines one runs across is pretty close to the ratio of dumb civilians one might run across.
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

My dad was a marine, he hates it when I get him some tacky marine car stickers.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                              I was a Cavalry Scout 19D and they could have cared less about me lol. I don't get it either. He is flying up the ranks faster then I did in the Army all while blowing a horn and probably other objects.
                              hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                                I'm guessing the ratio of dumb marines one runs across is pretty close to the ratio of dumb civilians one might run across.
                                pretty close!
                                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Working...
                                X