new camera help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
    when i bought the t2i, i got a kingston (iirc) class 10 sdhc card...i think it was in the $60 range, but it's been about a year, so i don't remember for sure. i know it works great, though. a class 10 may not be needed, but a few folks with more knowledge about camera stuff than me, told me to go with a class 10. the price difference wasn't enough to justify cheaping out on, so i just went with it.
    I'll bet that card you bought had a faster write speed, when you get into the high dollar cards, it's not necessarily the size that makes them more expensive, it's how fast data can be written to them that increases the price.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      I'll bet that card you bought had a faster write speed, when you get into the high dollar cards, it's not necessarily the size that makes them more expensive, it's how fast data can be written to them that increases the price.
      is kingston a decent brand? i really don't know...a friend said to get it, and fry's had it on sale. they had to get it from behind the cashier area, but that's probably just because the packaging was fairly small and easy to steal. i've bought kingston memory, but it's been years since i've kept up with which brand is better than which, when it comes to computer stuff.

Comment

Paul, here's my take on DSLR's as I've shot with my fair share of makes and models.

A couple quick things to keep in mind...
        * Mega pixels: bigger doesn't always mean better and if you're just printing 8x10's or smaller then you won't need more than 8-10 mega pixels.

* If you're serious about taking quality photos then you need to invest in good glass. You can have a $5,000 camera body but your pictures are going to look crappy if you throw a $200 lens on there compared to a $1200 lens.

Camera Brands:

Sony (yes I said Sony, their Alpha series DLSR's are pretty damn nice). -- Sony cameras have Image Stabilization (IS) or Vibration Reduction (VR) built into their bodies, so no matter what lens you put on it from Sony, you'll have some stabilization that helps to reduce blurriness.

Canon - Great cameras specs but their sensors tend to fall behind Nikon in that area but, Canon has a much better selection of lenses IMO. Not saying one has better glass over the other, just Canon has more lenses to offer in price and variety.

Nikon - Another great camera, they have very good sensors and specs but I feel they fall when it comes to their line of lenses they offer, they just don't seem to have as many as Canon, and they have fewer "in between" lens sizes.

I've shot with all of those and they all have strengths and weaknesses. I've been in the market for a new camera and I can't decide if I want to pick up another Canon or make a move to Nikon. You really can't go wrong with either. Shoot me a PM with any questions.

How much do you want to spend?
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
          is kingston a decent brand? i really don't know...a friend said to get it, and fry's had it on sale. they had to get it from behind the cashier area, but that's probably just because the packaging was fairly small and easy to steal. i've bought kingston memory, but it's been years since i've kept up with which brand is better than which, when it comes to computer stuff.
          Kingston makes some good cards, I typically buy Kingston or San Disk.

Check this out... both Kingston cards, both the same size, 2 different write speeds. You're write speed will make a huge difference in price and will play into the performance of your camera.

We’re sorry, but this page does not existing. Please visit our home page for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
            nikon d3100 14.2mp for 599

or

cannon t2i 18mp for 579?? with coupon

thanks gents

god bless.
            You're not going to go wrong with either of those cameras. However I think the menus on the Nikon D3100 are easier to navigate and it gives better options for the beginner.

03trubluGT keeps recommending the D7000, which is the replacement for the D90. It is indeed an INCREDIBLE camera that I will eventually upgrade my D90 to, but IMO it isn't for beginners. It is also more than a grand with a lens.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post

03trubluGT keeps recommending the D7000, which is the replacement for the D90. It is indeed an INCREDIBLE camera that I will eventually upgrade my D90 to, but IMO it isn't for beginners. It is also more than a grand with a lens.
              IMO, you can't beat the D7000 in regards for bang for the buck.

That camera has better specs than my D700 that goes for $2699 AND has HD video! The only difference is my D700 is a full frame whereas the D700 is the cropped sensor (remember folks, cropping is bad whether it applies to sensors or the ears of a pitt bull!)

If Nikon doesn't come out with a D800 replacement for the D700, I will pick up a D7000 for an additional body.

Comment

Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                  IMO, you can't beat the D7000 in regards for bang for the buck.

That camera has better specs than my D700 that goes for $2699 AND has HD video! The only difference is my D700 is a full frame whereas the D700 is the cropped sensor (remember folks, cropping is bad whether it applies to sensors or the ears of a pitt bull!)

If Nikon doesn't come out with a D800 replacement for the D700, I will pick up a D7000 for an additional body.
                  I agree with everything you've said here. However, it still doesn't fit within Elvis' parameters. The body alone is going for about $1300. With a kit lens he is looking at $1500.

Looking at who will actually be using the camera the obvious choice is the D3100. The D7000 is for people like you and me.

Comment

wound up with the t2i for $579 shipped to the door. does it not come with a memory card? i guess i need to get a bag and stuff now.

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

wound up with the t2i for $579 shipped to the door. does it not come with a memory card? i guess i need to get a bag and stuff now.

god bless.
                      Typically they don't come with memory unless it's a bundle of some sort. For bags I'd check into Crumplers bags or Lowepro bags.

www.bhphotovideo.com is a great place to find anything camera related.

EDIT: That's a great camera to start out with as well Paul. If you're interested in a zoom lens, Slickdeals.net had this listed today at a pretty good price.

Your search for great deals and coupon savings ends here. Find the best bargains and money-saving offers, discounts, promo codes, freebies and price comparisons from the trusted Slickdeals community.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                        Typically they don't come with memory unless it's a bundle of some sort. For bags I'd check into Crumplers bags or Lowepro bags.

www.bhphotovideo.com is a great place to find anything camera related.

EDIT: That's a great camera to start out with as well Paul. If you're interested in a zoom lens, Slickdeals.net had this listed today at a pretty good price.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/6503...58mm-uv-filter
                        thanks bro. so it come with the 18-55 lens, i have a dumb question. will the 55-250mm lens do everything the 18-55 will? ie. if i get the 55-250 will i still have a use for the 18-55?

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

thanks bro. so it come with the 18-55 lens, i have a dumb question. will the 55-250mm lens do everything the 18-55 will? ie. if i get the 55-250 will i still have a use for the 18-55?

god bless.
                          Yes it'll do the same thing but from a greater distance away. The 18-55 will be good for shooting things where you can be up close physically, the 55-250 will allow you to zoom into things further away when you can't be close to it physically.

Keep in mind that the T2i is a cropped frame sensor and has a crop of 1.6x. So your 18-55mm lens is actually a 28.8-55mm lens and the 55-250mm is actually an 88-400mm lens when you account for the crop factor.

I had both of those lenses and would often carry those two on me all the time because of the wide range of distances I could shoot with the two lenses.

Comment

A cropped sensor does not make the lenses longer, it just has less sensor area.

Comment

Woot has a nice camera up right now.

Comment

where can i get a 55-250mm today?

god bless.

Comment

Working...
                                X