No announcement yet.

What daily driver would you guys pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would get the one that's like a rock, like a planet, like a fucking atom bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      I would get the one that's like a rock, like a planet, like a fucking atom bomb.
      ha ha, nice...

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
        i see what you did there.

Hard choice on all those 3. All are solid cars. My gut says a S197 would be a great bet.

Comment

C5 Vette and forget about mod budget....

350Z is a pussy of a car and gets terrible mileage as you have to rev it a lot to move it.

Vette...all the way.

Comment

Unless you have tits either one that isnt a 350.

If you do have tits, post'em

Comment

( . Y . )

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                fixed
                You'd have to be high if you think a C5 looks worse than any of those cars. Especially the plain ass S197's.

If you look around you can find a good C5 coupe for about $15k. There's actually a 2002 Electron Blue ZO6 with 45k, bone stock on corvetteforums right now for $20,900.
                "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

The guys voting for the Mach1, are you doing so because of the 4V engine? Or have ya'll not driven an S197? Because the S197 is a better car in every way and the 3V in it makes just as much power as the 4V in the Mach1.

The idea of a clean somewhat low mileage C5 is also good if you don't have kids and don't need to haul a lot of stuff. You can get great deals on them.

Marcus
                  '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                    You'd have to be high if you think a C5 looks worse than any of those cars. Especially the plain ass S197's.

If you look around you can find a good C5 coupe for about $15k. There's actually a 2002 Electron Blue ZO6 with 45k, bone stock on corvetteforums right now for $20,900.
                    Perhaps, but a C5 interior is insta-vomit inducing. The only car listed that has an interior close to as bad as a C5's is the Mach 1, and even then it's a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by 2cammer97 View Post
                      The guys voting for the Mach1, are you doing so because of the 4V engine? Or have ya'll not driven an S197? Because the S197 is a better car in every way and the 3V in it makes just as much power as the 4V in the Mach1.

The idea of a clean somewhat low mileage C5 is also good if you don't have kids and don't need to haul a lot of stuff. You can get great deals on them.

Marcus
                      C5 coupe hatch space>Mustang trunk space...Even the trunks in the FRC's and ZO6's aren't that bad as long as you don't have a system in there.
                      Last edited by jdgregory84; 12-06-2010, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                        Perhaps, but a C5 interior is insta-vomit inducing. The only car listed that has an interior close to as bad as a C5's is the Mach 1, and even then it's a draw.
                        S197 interior looks like it was made by playskool. Other than the seats, I like the C5 interior. C6 is a exponentially better of course.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                          S197 interior looks like it was made by playskool. Other than the seats, I like the C5 interior. C6 is a exponentially better of course.
                          I don't think an S197 interior is anything special, but there's not a single thing I don't have a problem with in a C5 interior. They rattle, the plastics feel unlawfully cheap, and the stereo and A/C controls look like they were lifted straight out of a '98 Grand-Am.

The C6 interiors I've been in masquerade around like they're nicer, and they do look nicer, but they've all had a strange smell and feel really fucking cheap for a $50,000 vehicle. It's the same thing that plagued the C5: it's like GM asked the assembly line workers in Kentucky what they thought was nice and that's what they put in them.

Comment

Though I did not have a C5 as an option. It would be cool and I agree that the interior is cheap in them. I'm 26, single, no kids, and don't have jack to haul. So I can get into all sorts of neat cars. I think the GT and 350z interiors are similar, and they both have nice shifter locations. I don't mind the mach even though the shifter position isn't that great. I could get into any of these cars for around 15k which is it what I'm looking to stay around. I had a 95 gt and loved daily driving that car even though looking back it was a POS, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                              I don't think an S197 interior is anything special, but there's not a single thing I don't have a problem with in a C5 interior. They rattle, the plastics feel unlawfully cheap, and the stereo and A/C controls look like they were lifted straight out of a '98 Grand-Am.
                              I have an '01 C5 and had an '03 Z06 and I've had no rattles. The seats are a lot more comfortable than any Mustang I've sat in too. The only thing I didn't like about the interior was the look of the stereo and HVAC stuff like you mentioned.
                              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                                I have an '01 C5 and had an '03 Z06 and I've had no rattles. The seats are a lot more comfortable than any Mustang I've sat in too. The only thing I didn't like about the interior was the look of the stereo and HVAC stuff like you mentioned.
                                <----- C6 z06 owner. Interior blows donkey balls compared to an equally priced BMW, Mercedes, etc.

And that bad smell Brad was talking about... probably a result of the mold that grew in the vehicle due to an improperly sealed windshield. I will never drive another vette again.
                                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Working...
                                X