hot tub people...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot tub people...

dumb question but if my ph level is stable do i simply need to use only bromine nuggets to keep it sanitized or is there something else i need to be doing? the water is changed out quarterly.

I have some brown nuggets you could use

Comment

Bromine eats up total alkalinity with a vengeance and will quickly cause the PH to drop as well. Make sure you have about 200ppm calcium hardness and keep the total alkalinity up around 100-120ppm and this will allow the PH to get pretty low (7.1-7.2) without the water becoming very corrosive. You may also want to consider using dichloroisocyanuric acid instead of bromine as your primary sanitizer as is doesn't affect the PH nearly as much. You can still shock the spa with a tiny amount of bromine salts to get rid of combined chlorine when needed.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
        Bromine eats up total alkalinity with a vengeance and will quickly cause the PH to drop as well. Make sure you have about 200ppm calcium hardness and keep the total alkalinity up around 100-120ppm and this will allow the PH to get pretty low (7.1-7.2) without the water becoming very corrosive. You may also want to consider using dichloroisocyanuric acid instead of bromine as your primary sanitizer as is doesn't affect the PH nearly as much. You can still shock the spa with a tiny amount of bromine salts to get rid of combined chlorine when needed.
        this may be a little to technical for some people but this advice is spot on

Comment

One gallon of Clorox should do the trick!

Comment

Spermicidal lube and bleach 50/50 mix , it's guaranteed to kill the gonasyphaherpalitus !
            The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

I use the Spa Frog and shock mine every once in a while. Seems to be working.

Comment

My method isn't very scientific but - I shock mine until all the frogs starts jumping out and running for their life. That's when I know I'm good. Leslies makes some powder shock that wont change ph as its chlorine free. I have not tried it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by acid View Post
                  i have some brown nuggets you could use
                  lmao
                  1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                    I think I got it figured out. Thanks!

Comment

Chlorine, eh?

Comment

Pee in it
                        Originally posted by Buzzo
                        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X