Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSA saves us all from certain terroristic death

By doing this:

It's not unusual for 17-year-old to find themselves in hot water with the fashion police. But on a flight from Virginia to Florida, Vanessa Gibbs found herself detained by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) over the appearance of her purse.

And just to be clear, it wasn't the content inside the purse that the TSA objected to. No, agency officials took exception with the design of a gun on Gibbs' handbag.

"It's my style, it's camouflage, it has an old western gun on it," Gibbs told News4Jax.com. Gibbs didn't run into any trouble while traveling north from Jacksonville International Airport. But on her way back home, TSA officials at Norfolk International Airport pulled her aside.

"She was like, 'This is a federal offense because it's in the shape of a gun,'" Gibbs said. "I'm like, 'But it's a design on a purse. How is it a federal offense?'"

After TSA agents figured out the gun was a fake, Gibbs said, they told her to check the bag or turn it over. By the time security wrapped up the inspection, the pregnant teen missed her flight, and Southwest Airlines sent her to Orlando instead. The changed itinerary created no small amount of anxiety for Gibbs' mother, who was already waiting for her to arrive at the Jacksonville airport.

"Oh, it's terrifying. I was so upset," said Tami Gibbs, the teen's mom. "I was on the phone all the way to Orlando trying to figure out what was going on with her. It was terrifying."

Less terrifying is the actual design on the purse, which is only a few inches in size and hollow. "I carried this from Jacksonville to Norfolk, and I've carried it from Norfolk to Jacksonville," Vanessa said. "Never once has anyone said anything about it until now."

Nonetheless, the TSA says the design could be considered a "replica weapon," something that the agency has banned since 2002. Just imagine what would have happened if Gibbs had also been wearing stiletto heels.

The offending "weapon:"

It's not unusual for 17-year-old to find themselves in hot water with the fashion police. But on a flight from Virginia to Florida, Vanessa Gibbs found herself detained by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) over the appearance of her purse. And just to be clear, it wasn't the content inside the purse that the TSA [...]

she could pass for a terrorist

Comment

Lol. 17 preggers going between Jax and Norfolk.... Some squid has some explaining to do....

Comment

Sloot
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Even if its bs, but how stupid do you have to be to think you're not going to get fucked with.

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
            Lol. 17 preggers going between Jax and Norfolk.... Some squid has some explaining to do....
            <--- not it!
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

this is the dumbest thing I have read in hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                Even if its bs, but how stupid do you have to be to think you're not going to get fucked with.
                Why would she get fucked with? It's a DESIGN
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                  Seriously dude? It's people like you that think it's not unusual that let them take our freedom an inch at a time.

Ok not that bad but really, a purse with a fake gun on it? What's next being stopped for tatoos of guns??
                  Originally posted by Nash B.
                  Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

We have the TSA, which is overstaffed with mostly complete idiots, confiscating a record number of toothpaste and nail clippers while the southern border of our country is overrun with illegal's who are smuggling tons of drugs and killing people. I’m so glad the government is putting our country into debt and coming up with things like the patriot act for a good reason. Yeah, I feel safer alright....

Comment

And now you have TSA at bus stops, truck stops and mobile VIPR units to 'patrol the highways."

Comment

I'd be willing to bet the TSA will hire anyone with pulse. If you can count to 10 and lift 40lbs you get into the ATF....

Comment

You have to walk in a circle a few times. Not even playing. I took the test for the TSA

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                            You have to walk in a circle a few times. Not even playing. I took the test for the TSA
                            Sounds easier than a DWI test.
                            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

The burning question is, who knocked her up. Eww

Comment

Working...
                              X