Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Christmas Family Presents........Part II - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Family Presents........Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Family Presents........Part II

Ok guys and gals! Due to an overwhelming response for my DFWMustangs neediest family thread, one family has stood out from all of the rest. I can't tell you how many people PM'ed me to request that this certain family deserves a good Christmas this year due to their mothers unselfish acts, and how great she is and NEVER asks for anything in return.
    She's struggled with a moderate income, and supporting 3 boys. And she unselfishly took in her sister, brother in law, and 5 year old niece this year because they lost everything due to a condemned apartment in Alaska. The 5 yr old niece gave up EVERYTHING and moved to Texas with her parents! The 3 of them moved down to Texas with NOTHING! I'm sure you guys know the story from other threads

So I'd like to give this gift of some presents to Kim(MutherjuggZ) and her family! I know I said the 17th was a cut off date, but with the amount of requests I've gotten for Kim, I think it's pretty much a "no-brainer"! I don't think there's a person on this board that doesn't know her, and I bet she's helped over half of this board in one way or another.

Now, the reason I'm bringing this up early is I need YOUR help! The 5 year old niece is the main reason we're giving this gift to Kim's family, so I want to make sure she's taken care of. But Santa can't show up to their house and only give presents to one out of 4 kids. And $250 won't go too far on 4 kids. So I'd like to ask for some assistance from you guys, if you can help. I DO NOT WANT YOUR MONEY! Please take a look at the list below, and if you have something your child doesn't play with anymore, and you'd like to donate it, please let me know. I will come pick it up from your house so you're not inconvenienced in any way. I just know that $250 won't buy much for 3 boys and 1 girl I'm going to up the amount to $350 cash out of my pocket to go towards the kids presents, but thats still not gonna be much. So take a peek at the list below, and let me know if you can help.

This is the list that Kim gave me. We had the kids write a letter to Santa so we'd know what they wanted!

Boy-Age 11-6th Grade:
    Xbox 360-Of course
    Cool TV------------I have this!
    DVD Player--------motoman
    MP3 Player
    Books about WW I/WW II/ American War/Indian War/Vietnam War, etc...
    Brain Teasers/Puzzles

Boy-Age 9-3rd Grade:
    Huge Remote Control Dinosaur
    Books on How to Draw Dinosaurs
    Telescope
    MP3 Player
    Swing Set--------Possibly have this!!!!!
    Games From Game Stop-Not sure what platform he has-I'll check and add this later
    Camping Tent
    LOTS OF ICE CREAM!!!! LOL!!!

Boy-Age 7-1st Grade:
    Punching Bag
    Kick Boxing Bag
    Boxing Gloves
    Nun Chucks
    Baseball Bat/Glove/and Ball
    Pogo Stick
    Swing Set-------Possibly have this!!!!!
    Jump Rope

Girl-Age 5-Kindergarten
    Barbie Dream House
    Barbie Car for Barbie
    Barbie Dolls and LOTS OF DRESSES!
    ONE Ken Doll-LOL! She was very specific! LMAO!
    Motorized Barbie Car For Her to Drive
    Barbie Movies
    Dora Pajamas
    Dora Slippers

Once again, I DO NOT WANT YOUR MONEY! I'm only asking that if you have anything you think these kids would want, even if it's not on the list! And your child doesn't play with anymore, please PM me and let me know. I will come by and pick them up from you. I'm upping the amount from $250 to $350 so I'll have enough to buy for four kids. I also have a 19" Flat Screen TV that I'm donating to the oldest boy. My neighbor has a swing set that they don't use anymore, but it's one that is dug into the ground. So I may ask for help getting it out of their yard and set up in Kim's yard. Really not sure how I'm gonna do this

Please let me know if you can help!

Thanks!!!!!
    Nick
    Last edited by Guest; 12-06-2010, 09:30 AM.

Nick. I arrive in DFW on the 19th in the afternoon. Call me as soon as you can anytime after that. I will help with anything needed. We can make this happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      Nick. I arrive in DFW on the 19th in the afternoon. Call me as soon as you can anytime after that. I will help with anything needed. We can make this happen.
      Thanks Dennis! But I've already planned to make this happen on the 17th. So you're just gonna have to get here earlier LOL!

Comment

HAHAHA! I'm good, but not that good. At least keep me in mind if something falls through last minute. If it really starts to look like it isn't going to be a big turn-out, I can have Leslie finance any extra costs needed to help. I know you said you don't want money, but we've been running like mad to make things like this happen all over as well. We've set aside some money just for this.

So don't give me that crap. I know you!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          HAHAHA! I'm good, but not that good. At least keep me in mind if something falls through last minute. If it really starts to look like it isn't going to be a big turn-out, I can have Leslie finance any extra costs needed to help. I know you said you don't want money, but we've been running like mad to make things like this happen all over as well. We've set aside some money just for this.

So don't give me that crap. I know you!
          LOL! Thank you sir! But keep your money! Buy my little girlfriend something special from her future husband this year ;o)

I may ask you to help me dig up this swing set and help me get it set up over at Kim's house when you get home. Still not sure if I'm gonna be able to do this or not

Comment

Nick I can help you out with the dvd player. It's not new but it still works. Let me know and I can drop it off to you this weekend sometime.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
              Nick I can help you out with the dvd player. It's not new but it still works. Let me know and I can drop it off to you this weekend sometime.
              KICK ASS!!!!! Please PM me your address and I'll come pick it up this week/weekend

Thanks you sir!!!

Comment

I know you said you do not want money, but i can not physically pick up a present and bring it to you being as i am in a different state. Would you consider a cash donation to your cause, and to make you feel better send me a copy of receipt? I would love to help people out!

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
                  I know you said you do not want money, but i can not physically pick up a present and bring it to you being as i am in a different state. Would you consider a cash donation to your cause, and to make you feel better send me a copy of receipt? I would love to help people out!
                  I'd prefer not to handle money. But since you're out of state I may make an exception. I'd rather you buy something and ship it to me if possible. I'll cover all shipping costs.

I really appreciate your thoughts in this!

Comment

Awesome, dude. Simply awesome.

Btw-they had a santa suit at Party City for $39.99. It was a felt one, but still cheaper than renting IMO.

I'll look around and see if we have anything. Really cool thing of you to do, Nick.
                    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                      Awesome, dude. Simply awesome.

Btw-they had a santa suit at Party City for $39.99. It was a felt one, but still cheaper than renting IMO.

I'll look around and see if we have anything. Really cool thing of you to do, Nick.
                      I ordered the Santa costume a couple of days ago. Should be here anytime. Hope it fits David )))

Comment

Nick,

I've got a nice starter telescope in excellent condition. I'll bring it.
                        Should we wrap these [used] gifts, or leave them open?

Also, I know it wasn't mentioned but what about the parents? I have a few really nice jackets/coats that I can offer. If he's close to my size, I'll bring something like that too.

David

Comment

Nick, as I said the other day via PM your generosity and help during these tough times is appreciated on levels that can not be expressed by words. I'm in tears knowing that my friends help my family so much. When I first hit rock bottom financially about 3 years ago, I thought it would be temporary but proved to be much more than that. This makes the 2nd year in a row, that these kids would have nothing at all if it weren't for the generosity and love of others.

This year is a lot tougher than last year due to the added head count at home. My concerns are A) pay the bills B) feed the kids C) anything left can go to clothing and other needs. Unfortunately, there's very little anything left for column C.

Please know that the things my children put on their list was for Santa, so there's things on there that are absolutely not necessary, but it's their "long shot" list since they know I likely can't get those kinds of things for them.

My niece has diddly squat. I've purchased a doll, a barbie, and a make-up/dress up set since her arrival here, and she's been given a handful of stuffed animals but that's it. My children have plenty of nice things, so I feel bad putting them on the same needs list as my niece. Would it be "nice" for them to have new things to open on Christmas? Of course, but the most humbling thing I've learned over the past few years that's I've passed onto my boys, is what all one can live without, as long as you have the love of your family. My boys aren't the least bit expecting of things. Through our hard times, we've stayed close by giving to others less fortunate than ourselves in anyway possible. My mom has helped me with cubscouts expenses so that they can remain active in it, and my grandmother has helped with groceries.

That's really all you need in life is the love of those most important to you, something positive to spend your time doing with them, and the peace of mind you get when you realize that you have something money can't give or take away.

To anyone here that would like to help make this Christmas wish come true for my crew, please accept a million thanks . There's no way I can ever repay you all for this, but I promise to be here for anyone if ever there's something I can do to help.

Love you all, and Merry Christmas!

Kim
                          Originally posted by Vertnut
                          I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Ive got a practically new punching bag, gloves and wristwraps if it's still needed.

Comment

Nice, Kim.

Hey, what about the coat size of your bIL?
                              Any need there?

David

Comment

Working...
                              X