?? about wheels. need some opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?? about wheels. need some opinions

hey guys, just got word that my 92 stang just arrived at my place back in the states, and this is the word that i got... "the rear tires are so wide that he might tear out the whole wheelwell if he hits a bump hard enough".. thats what my uncle, who hauled the car from florida to Illinois said to my parents.. now, i shouldnt be too worried, im guessin that means it has 305's on the rear... so whats a quick fix for that "issue" or is he just worrying too much for me.. go with 295's or is there some trustworthy wheel spacers out there in a nice hub kit or something? i really dont want to get rid of the 305's if thats whats on it...

question #2..
    it has chrome weld wheels all around, (skinnies up front) now, i want to KEEP all those wheels for strip days, with slicks on the rear, but for everyday driving, i want a nice set of all black wheels. at this time, (i know i should have asked before) i dont know if it already has the 5 lug conversion on it,, BUT, all im asking since you guys know the deals on wheels, whats good and whats shit, what size would you go with, manufacturer, all that... all black.. preferably powdercoated already... any ideas for me? thanks guys, i wouldnt be askin all these questions if i wasnt in afghanistan right now, i would be home figuring all this out by myself with a pen and paper, a crawler, and some tools.
    sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Couldn't you get your folks to look and tell you the size of the tires? Or Maybe take a pic and send it to you... Even if it does have 315's back there, you can make it work but you may have to break out the BFH to "massage" things so that it doesn't rub too much.

As far as new wheels, you need to come up with a budget. I live the Fikse, CCW, and TrueForged wheels, but they might be more than you want to spend.

Comment

yea, i already told my parents to look it over and write some stuff down, especially the tire sizes and if its already 5 lug or not. as for "money" thats not an issue for me, i plan on spendin around 25-30k on the thing anyways to get it how i want it all around. i'm just VERY picky when it comes to how it looks, its stance, and wheels are my main concerns in that area. im going to start looking for wheels now, thanks for the info
      sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

bump... lookin at wheels now, nothin else to do lol

Comment

hm, so far i think im DEAD SET on the Fikse Classic FM5 wheels, with the titanium black finish SEXY! ( 17" )

Comment

CCW LM5 is also catchin my eyes... this is gona be a tough decision....

Comment

ok so im gona leave this to you guys,,, which would you pick of the 2 and why...
              ( black finish only ) ( 17" )

Fikse Classic FM5 orrrrrrr,,,,,
              CCW LM5

Comment

cant go wrong with either choice. overall i prefer the fikse wheels. classic understated good looking wheels.

Comment

Working...
                X