No announcement yet.

Subaru BRZ / Toyota FT86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pricing on the Subaru BRZ has been released, it will start out at $24,000 for the entry level "premium" car which includes standard navigation, eight-speaker audio, soft touch dash, limited slip differential, leather-wrapped steering wheel (tilt-telescopic), shift knob and e-brake lever, six-speed manual, aluminum pedal covers and cruise control, among other standard features. Car will weigh ~2700 lbs and get 30 MPG highway.

The "limited" car has all the premium features but adds leather seats with Alcantara trim, fog lamps, rear deck spoiler, 17-inch rims and vented discs (16" front, 15" rear), pricing starts at $27k.

The Toyota version will be sold as a Scion FR-S and as it has far less features (but exact same drivetrain) as the Subaru model, will likely be close to $20k.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny_Stang View Post
      Pricing on the Subaru BRZ has been released, it will start out at $24,000 for the entry level "premium" car which includes standard navigation, eight-speaker audio, soft touch dash, limited slip differential, leather-wrapped steering wheel (tilt-telescopic), shift knob and e-brake lever, six-speed manual, aluminum pedal covers and cruise control, among other standard features. Car will weigh ~2700 lbs and get 30 MPG highway.

The "limited" car has all the premium features but adds leather seats with Alcantara trim, fog lamps, rear deck spoiler, 17-inch rims and vented discs (16" front, 15" rear), pricing starts at $27k.

The Toyota version will be sold as a Scion FR-S and as it has far less features (but exact same drivetrain) as the Subaru model, will likely be close to $20k.
      What's the HP/TQ?

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
        What's the HP/TQ?
        200hp@7000rpm and 150lb-ft@64-6600rpm. Redline is 7450

Comment

Pretty shitty. If they don't throw a turbo on it at some point, that's a huge fail in something that has all sorts of potential.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
            Pretty shitty. If they don't throw a turbo on it at some point, that's a huge fail in something that has all sorts of potential.
            Basically comparisons are that it's a Miata coupe with 2+2 seating and a decent trunk. It's a great handling, sporty coupe... the power is a little lackluster (especially comparing to what is available now) but the focus is more on making a drivers car that is lightweight and fun to drive. Subaru has shown an "STi" concept model with a turbocharged engine, but power figures and $ figures are not available, though rumor has it that it will be similarly priced to the WRX STi.

Car is to go on sale in Spring 2012 (early spring for Scion, late spring for Subaru).

Comment

I'm sure they will at some point but then it will become a low 30k car which in turn you can buy other nicer cars for that price.

Hence why I haven't bought a "sports car", seems you have to spend 30+ K these days to get anything fun, granted that's new.

Then you can't use their full potential much on the street without worrying about cops or idiots etc..

Comment

Low $20k range for a rwd 2800 pound 2+2 Japanese car (actually built in Japan) is a failure to you? The Scion FR-S is going to be a fun car to toss around. If you want straight line performance, buy a Mustang.

Comment

for $20 i'd buy a brz but for for $25k i'd just buy a wrx.
                  www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                    Low $20k range for a rwd 2800 pound 2+2 Japanese car (actually built in Japan) is a failure to you? The Scion FR-S is going to be a fun car to toss around. If you want straight line performance, buy a Mustang.
                    With a measly 150 ft. lbs of torque, yes. If I don't want straight line performance, I'll stick with the AWD Subaru.

Comment

With a measly 150 ft. lbs of torque, yes. If I don't want straight line performance, I'll stick with the AWD Subaru.
                      Did you forget that measly 150 lb/tq is being produced by a non-forced induction 2 liter boxer engine? Most 2 liter engines make less than that without boost.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                        Did you forget that measly 150 lb/tq is being produced by a non-forced induction 2 liter boxer engine? Most 2 liter engines make less than that without boost.
                        OK, you win? I don't give a shit if that 150 torque is being produced by a fucking RC motor. It's still shit. OK, maybe a bad analogy since an RC car putting those numbers down would be disgusting, but still.

Comment

Working...
                        X