Subaru BRZ / Toyota FT86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subaru BRZ / Toyota FT86

What do you guys think? Looks like the Japanese are trying to build a RWD car that is actually interesting. The cars hit the dealership next year in June.

The base engine is a 2liter boxer with only 197 HP and 151 Lb-Ft but the cars curb weight is only 2689lbs. You know that at some point Subaru is going to turbocharge it.

No word on pricing but I think they'll have a lot of success if it prices in the same range as the V6 Mustang.

Subaru BRZ

Toyota GT86

Articles

Looks like an Eclipse ate a Tiburon.

Comment

I like the Subaru version ALOT. Very interesting. I've always liked the idea of a minimalist RWD coupe, with great handling, and decent power. I'll check them out when they hit dealerships next year.

Comment

No awd no care.
        QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Subaru won't ever see another dime of my money until they re-release the Baja.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

US weight is going to be 2,8XX lbs from all the articles Ive read. It'll be a fun car around the turns but it needs more power to keep up with other cars in its price range.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
              Subaru won't ever see another dime of my money until they re-release the Brat.
              fixed

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                US weight is going to be 2,8XX lbs from all the articles Ive read. It'll be a fun car around the turns but it needs more power to keep up with other cars in its price range.
                I think the Subaru will have an STi version at some point. It'll be interesting to see what the US curb weight ends up being.

Comment

You cant be serious...

Comment

You cant be serious...
                    Yes, he's serious...

And quite insane

Comment

the FT86 is bad ass on GT5
                      http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

yea, ive been watching this. hopefully sub $20k!
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                          I think the Subaru will have an STi version at some point. It'll be interesting to see what the US curb weight ends up being.
                          I read in one of the car mags that is the plan- turbo'd with close to 260HP in the sub 30k price range

Comment

You cant be serious...
                            Not on the "won't see a dime of my money again" portion, but I am upset that they discontinued that model. It's a bitch of a car to find now at a decent deal -- at least the 2.5 turbo model is.
                            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Wouldn't that be re-re-release the Brat?

Comment

Working...
                              X