Old man righting his wrongs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old man righting his wrongs

60 years on, elderly man with conscience repays store $100By Linda Brill, KING5
    An elderly man who confessed to stealing money from a Sears store in the 1940s gave the money back on Monday - with interest.

The man hand-delivered an envelope addressed to "Sears manager" to a customer service counter on the second floor of the store in downtown Seattle at about 10 a.m. (1 p.m. ET)

KING5

An envelope containing $100 in cash and a handwritten note that was handed in at a Sears store in Seattle.
    Inside the envelope was a note and a $100 bill.

The note read: "During the late [forties] I stole some money from the cash register in the amount of $20-$30 ... I want to pay you back this money in the amount of $100 to put in your theft account."

"I think his conscience has been bothering him for the past 60 years," said Sears manager Gary Lorentson.

"That is heartwarming," said one customer, "awesome."

"It must have made him feel good inside to do that," said another.

Store security cameras caught the elderly man on video, but Sears won't release it, and they don't know who he is.

The store plans to put the money toward helping needy families during the holiday season.

sometimes i do what i want to do, the rest of the time i do what i have to.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

03trublu was on the seen and reports were that 03trublu body slammed the suspect and tazed him for theft

Comment

$30 1940 dollars would be more then $100 2012 bucks without any interest, just sayin

Comment

You're right, a little online calculator tells me $324. Cheap old man!

Comment

What a piece of crap! Old bastard should have just kept it!

:rolls eyes:
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

nice

Comment

the sears manager stuck the hundred in his own pocket

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                  03trublu was on the seen and reports were that 03trublu body slammed the suspect and tazed him for theft
                  Whew, for a second I thought you were going to mention the baton strikes I got in there.

I guess I got away with those.......

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    Whew, for a second I thought you were going to mention the baton strikes I got in there.

I guess I got away with those.......
                    ehh those were just love taps lol

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                      You're right, a little online calculator tells me $324. Cheap old man!
                      And that's not even counting the interest. Honestly I wouldn't know where to begin to figure it. But that's not what disturbs me. What disturbs me is the fact that Sears would have never treated an African American this way.

The headliner would have been black man robs sears. Why can't it just be a man. That's all I'm sayin'.

Comment

Well, I'll just die an old man filled with regret.
                        Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by tito View Post
                          And that's not even counting the interest. Honestly I wouldn't know where to begin to figure it. But that's not what disturbs me. What disturbs me is the fact that Sears would have never treated an African American this way.

The headliner would have been black man robs sears. Why can't it just be a man. That's all I'm sayin'.
                          Where in that article did it discuss his ethnicity?
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I watched it on BET. White guy stole. White guy returned money. White guy hero. Plus, sears had a whites-only policy forever. They might have been Sears & Roebuck back then.

I'm sure if you google hard enough you can discount everything I've said here. Probably not the BET reference. That one's pretty smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by tito View Post
                              I watched it on BET. White guy stole. White guy returned money. White guy hero. Plus, sears had a whites-only policy forever. They might have been Sears & Roebuck back then.

I'm sure if you google hard enough you can discount everything I've said here. Probably not the BET reference. That one's pretty smooth.
                              Why the hell are you turning this into a race thing? Are you one of those black people that hates whites or feel the world owes "African-Americans?"

Keep living in the past.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X