Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun control laws really work....

4 UK cops stabbed at butcher's shop

LONDON — Four policemen were stabbed after chasing a suspect into a butcher's shop yesterday.

The officers were called to a disturbance in Kingsbury, north west London, shortly before 8.50am.

They approached a man at the scene and chased him in and out of several stores before he grabbed a knife in a butcher's shop and launched his attack.

After a violent struggle, the 32-year-old knifeman was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

The Met later confirmed that four officers were taken to hospital with stab wounds.

Eyewitness Girish Modha said: "The man was shouting at police. He grabbed a piece of fluorescent tubing and brandished it at them. He then ran into a cash-andcarry shop.

"At one point I think he threw a brick and smashed a police car window.

"He then went into a butcher's, got a knife and that's when the stabbing took place."

Ketan Vyas, manager of VB & Sons cash-and-carry, said the man had burst into his shop, chased by police.

November 20, 2011 EmailPrintCommentRSS

4 UK cops stabbed at butcher's shop
    The suspected slasher was arrested after a violent struggle
    Share inShare

By Rob McKay
    Sunday Mail

LONDON — Four policemen were stabbed after chasing a suspect into a butcher's shop yesterday.

The officers were called to a disturbance in Kingsbury, north west London, shortly before 8.50am.

They approached a man at the scene and chased him in and out of several stores before he grabbed a knife in a butcher's shop and launched his attack.

After a violent struggle, the 32-year-old knifeman was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

The Met later confirmed that four officers were taken to hospital with stab wounds.

Eyewitness Girish Modha said: "The man was shouting at police. He grabbed a piece of fluorescent tubing and brandished it at them. He then ran into a cash-andcarry shop.

"At one point I think he threw a brick and smashed a police car window.

"He then went into a butcher's, got a knife and that's when the stabbing took place."

Ketan Vyas, manager of VB & Sons cash-and-carry, said the man had burst into his shop, chased by police.

He went on: "He picked up cans of beans and threw them at the police and then ran out of the store and down the road. There were a lot of police after him."

Police said later they had been called to reports of a man causing a disturbance in the street.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "Officers attempted to speak with the man before he ran into a local butcher's shop and grabbed a knife.

"They followed the man in an attempt to detain him and were subsequently assaulted."

One officer suffered stomach wounds, another had head injuries while the other two were slashed on the arm and hand.

Peter Smyth, chairman of the Metropolitan Police Federation, said: "This incident demonstrates yet again the dangers that police officers face in the course of their duties. Our thoughts are with these officers and their families."

Pardon my ignorance, but I was't aware UK patrolmen weren't armed. That doesn't even begin to make sense. wow.

Comment

But how many times does something like that happen?
      .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by 3.90x3.62 View Post
        Pardon my ignorance, but I was't aware UK patrolmen weren't armed. That doesn't even begin to make sense. wow.
        Yup, the vast majority of UK Police only carry a baton. I hear they are carrying tasers and pepper spray more often but they still don't carry guns. I think that is only reserved for their equivalent of SWAT teams or anti terror units.

They have been going without guns since the 1800s.

Comment

All of us know what an edged weapon can do, especially in the hands of someone who really knows how to use it.

Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            Yup, the vast majority of UK Police only carry a baton. I hear they are carrying tasers and pepper spray more often but they still don't carry guns. I think that is only reserved for their equivalent of SWAT teams or anti terror units.

They have been going without guns since the 1800s.
            oh, but a criminal can get a gun within minutes over there

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
              oh, but a criminal can get a gun within minutes over there
              I'm not sure how easy it is to get a handgun over there. It doesn't really matter anyways since all sorts of weapons can be used.

Anyways, I'm not defending it, just stating the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                All of us know what an edged weapon can do, especially in the hands of someone who really knows how to use it.

Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.
                Or a baton to a knife fight.

Comment

I believe they still use rubber bullets when they are called to use firearms.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                    Or a baton to a knife fight.
                    or a swimming pool noodle to a baton fight.
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Bet those guys were wishing fervently for a shotty...
                      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Reminds me of that south american video of the guy running around stabbing cops in a field. Crazy stuff.

Comment

They are trying to ban knives over there. For real.

Comment

I was watching the local news in London and noticed the assault rate was mild compared to Dallas. When you stir up shit in the UK get ready for hand to hand combat or a knife fight. Most thugs here in the states aren't prepared for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Racewerx View Post
                              I was watching the local news in London and noticed the assault rate was mild compared to Dallas. When you stir up shit in the UK get ready for hand to hand combat or a knife fight. Most thugs here in the states aren't prepared for that.
                              Interesting. I've seen statistics that say violent crime, including assault rates, are higher in the UK as a whole. I can't cite sources right off, and I haven't seen anything specifically on London, but I've been under the impression that it's worse over there - especially since the firearms ban.
                              Men have become the tools of their tools.
                              -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X