Anyone had a sigmoidoscopy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had a sigmoidoscopy?

I have to have this procedure done next week, i am only 27 so kinda nervous about it. They gave me the option of being sedated or without being knocked out. He is trying to talk me into being awake and with pain during procedure versus using anesthesia and down half the day recovering....thoughts comments?

Anesthesia

Comment

i dont know what that is, but it sounds rather unpleasant. good luck, and i would opt for being knocked out.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I would ask for the ruffy, makes it feel more like a date rape.
        but seriously good luck, you should be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          i dont know what that is, but it sounds rather unpleasant. good luck, and i would opt for being knocked out.

god bless.
          It is the Cliff Notes version of a colonoscopy.

Comment

Knock your ass out. Fuck pain.

I think most of the time they do that because its more of a pain for them to arrange and do a bed stay versus a get in/get out type. Can't have the Doc miss his tee time!

Comment

They're gonna blow your asshole up to the size of a watermelon.
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Get a econd opinion?
                If a Dr. was trying to get me to go through an unpleasent procedure completely awake, I'm out. I had a sick dentist when I was a kid that pulled a tooth without any numbing meds or gas.
                No way, no thanks.
                2 Chronicles 7:14
                If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Has anyone actually had the procedure?

Comment

I had a colonoscopy and I was completely out.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
                      Has anyone actually had the procedure?
                      I have had a colonoscopy, which is the same procedure as a sigmoidoscopy but done in greater "depth" so to speak.

For either one I would want anethesia.

Comment

loose butthole, very loose butthole
                        Originally posted by Buzzo
                        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Tell them to buy you dinner first
                          Originally posted by Nash B.
                          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Zachary, I have had the sigmoidoscopy and the colonoscopy, several times due to my Crohn's disease.

I will tell you this, the very first one I ever had was the sigmoidoscopy at 16 years old, and I was wide awake because I didn't know any better. To this day, that was one of the more traumatic things I have gone through. It's humiliating, it doesn't feel good, and there is no reason whatsoever that you should have to go through that and for your doctor to want you to go through it awake, I'd tell him to fuck himself and find another doc to do the scope.

Hell, I had a colonoscopy back in October and they put me out for it. I had it done in Sherman and we had a late lunch and my dad and I were eating at Uncle Julio's in Allen because I was STARVING afterwards.

Can I ask why you're having the scope ?

If you want, you can pm me and I'll answer any questions you have.

-Aaron

Comment

Much like CRASH, I've been through both a number of times. No question - get knocked 'tha fuck out. I've had a colonoscopy while partially awake and it wasn't too comfortable, so I can only imagine what it would be like totally awake.

The worst part of either of those procedures is what you have to do the day before. Make sure to get some good mags or something, because you're going to be spending a fair amount of the day/night in the bathroom.

Comment

Working...
                              X