No announcement yet.

Malicious websites attacking our home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep in mind that this processor has cooked a few times. My computer is actually three times faster than my dad's which is newer, but I bet that's because of how basic I have my operating system setup and the fact that I don't neglect it as much as he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
      Presario 2100
      Mobile Intel Celeron 1.6 GHz
      1.59 GHz, 704MB RAM
      Holy crap, that's better than the one I'm on!

J/K. Mine's twice that speed in every respect, and still slow. How the fuck do you use that thing?

Comment

So, related to this, for you firefox user's, what add-ons are you guys using to aid in protection. Ad block plus, no script, what?

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
          Holy crap, that's better than the one I'm on!

J/K. Mine's twice that speed in every respect, and still slow. How the fuck do you use that thing?
          Just like anyone else who has ever had a stripped coupe running down the road in 105 degree weather. LOL

Miserably until we race to the next redlight. Then I smile for a second until the heat comes back through the transmission tunnel and reminds me of the fact that I'm in a completely gutted fox body.

Seriously, this laptop has a very minimalistic need. DFWM, parts look up, and the occasional web browsing.

Be careful, though, sometimes it won't idle right when coming to stop so you need to be prepared to keep the idle up while braking and down shifting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
            So, related to this, for you firefox user's, what add-ons are you guys using to aid in protection. Ad block plus, no script, what?
            I run ABP, some other folks run ABP+No Script. As long as you browse with a brain you shouldn't have any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              I run ABP, some other folks run ABP+No Script. As long as you browse with a brain you shouldn't have any problems.
              I'm doing the same. Mozilla, ABP, and I've got Trend anti-virus. I was just curious if there was some other means of protection or add-on that was real common with Mozilla users that I missed. I ran No Script for a couple of days at work when we were trying to help Vader's boy win that contest, but disabled it because I wasn't sure exactly what it did and if I really needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                I'm doing the same. Mozilla, ABP, and I've got Trend anti-virus. I was just curious if there was some other means of protection or add-on that was real common with Mozilla users that I missed. I ran No Script for a couple of days at work when we were trying to help Vader's boy win that contest, but disabled it because I wasn't sure exactly what it did and if I really needed it.
                It does exactly what it says it does, it doesn't allow scripts to be run. lol

Comment

This is the ginormous flag I got this afternoon while I was surfing DFWMs.

Comment

All the admin needs to do is do a DNS resolve and put it in the Banning options under vB Options in Admin CP. And/or go into the CPanel/FTP and use htaccess in the public_html directory to block the offending address or use mod rewrite to really irritate them and redirect it to another site. That's what I do for the vB sites I manage. When they are from Arabic/Middle Eastern countries, I redirect the IP to a url that contains an image of a super high resolution American Flag. And then for good measure, follow it up and repair/optimize the database tables in the Maintenance tab.
                    Last edited by LS1Goat; 11-21-2011, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                      For three days now I have been informed by Malwarebytes that it has successfully blocked potentially malicious websites from opening on my computer. It only happens when I open DFWM, then I'm hit again when I sign in, and I'm usually hit a couple more times.

Just hit again by 31.31.73.12, I believe. That makes four this morning.
                      if you search for the IP it appears you're http://ip-address-lookup-v4.com/ip/31.31.75.215"]not the only one getting hit by it.

one of the people who got pinged by it suggested changing the default SSH port

I was able to stop the pings coming from the IP by changing the default SSH Port to something random like 14872, hackers always go for the default SSH port
                      source

personally I would do a clean O/S reinstall, simply because it's too risky, you never know if the trojan is fully removed or if your computer is a sleeping zombie

Comment

Can we get some ip bans on these fucking spambots?!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          Can we get some ip bans on these fucking spambots?!

Who are you talking about here, Eric?
                          Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by 3.90x3.62 View Post
                            All the admin needs to do is do a DNS resolve and put it in the Banning options under vB Options in Admin CP. And/or go into the CPanel/FTP and use htaccess in the public_html directory to block the offending address or use mod rewrite to really irritate them and redirect it to another site. That's what I do for the vB sites I manage. When they are from Arabic/Middle Eastern countries, I redirect the IP to a url that contains an image of a super high resolution American Flag. And then for good measure, follow it up and repair/optimize the database tables in the Maintenance tab.
                            That's awesome, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                              Who are you talking about here, Eric?
                              Presumably, the numerous bots that have spammed several threads lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                                Presumably, the numerous bots that have spammed several threads lately.
                                We've banning them, but they are popping up with different IP addresses.
                                Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Working...
                                X