no more occupy dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
    Don't be retarded. You don't need a permit to protest.
    Yeah you do

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      Looks like those hippies might have to get a god damn job now.
      unless its at a tattoo shop i seriously doubt that will happen. they will go sit on their asses at home and wait on their govt bread like they have been doing for the past 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
        unless its at a tattoo shop i seriously doubt that will happen. they will go sit on their asses at mommy's & daddy's home and wait on their govt bread like they have been doing for the past 2 years.
        Fix't

Comment

haha...i heard about this from a friend yesterday as well. funny stuff!

Comment

Good. The clusterfuck of garbage they left made me wonder why this didnt happen sooner.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                About time. What the fuck took so long?
                Because the Dallas mayor and Dallas City Manager were sympathetic to the cause...

Wonder how much trash will be left behind?
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Maybe Freebirds will now have more people to make my goddamn burrito.

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
                    Yeah you do
                    this
                    BEWARE OF PEREZ TRANSPORT LLC
                    BEWARE OF EXOTIC TRANSPORT
                    Fernando Perez
                    Alijandra Perez
                    Mesquite, Texas
                    214-680-1415

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                      NOW what am i supposed to do today.....
                      Stand on the corner in front of Home Depot with the rest of the group?

Stevo
                      Originally posted by SSMAN
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                        Tonight would be a good night to do a ride along lol.
                        Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                        just break out the fire trucks and spray um down to the trinity for a bath
                        Truth!
                        Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Yeah you do
                          Originally posted by saleen449 View Post
                          this
                          You guys are saying that if I want to go out and stand on a street corner with a sign and protest something I don't like, that I need a permit to do so?

Edit: The city of Dallas website lists protests as a "Special Event," and here is the definition of "Special Events":

Originally posted by City of Dallas Website
                          “Special Event” means a temporary event or gathering, using either private or public property, in which the estimated number of participants and spectators exceeds 75 during any day of the event and that involves one or more of the following activities: closing a public street; blocking or restriction of public property; sale of merchandise, food or beverages on public property or on private property where otherwise prohibited by ordinance; erection of a tent; installation of a stage, band shell, trailer, van portable building, grandstand, or bleachers; placement of portable toilets (unless designated for construction purposes); or placement of temporary no-parking, directional, over-size, or identification signs or banners in or over a public right-of-way, or on private property where otherwise prohibited by ordinance.
                          You don't need a permit if there are less than 75 people or if you are not erecting temporary structures or signs that block public right-of-way. They can arrest me if they want (which they should the asshats of this occupy movement), but it's not going to hold up in court if you are 1-74 people deep holding up a sign or two.

Comment

Yeah you do
                            2015 Premium GT (50th Anniversary Package)
                            2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                              You guys are saying that if I want to go out and stand on a street corner with a sign and protest something I don't like, that I need a permit to do so?
                              If you're a disruption to any civil activity, yes. There are laws that keep folks from sleeping in parks and in the middle of intersections and shit. You can't just post up where ever the hell you want. Well I guess you could, but you would be breaking the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                                If you're a disruption to any civil activity, yes. There are laws that keep folks from sleeping in parks and in the middle of intersections and shit. You can't just post up where ever the hell you want. Well I guess you could, but you would be breaking the law.
                                While I understand not being able to block off streets without a permit, or camp anywhere the fuck you want, a permit is still not required to protest. Also from the City of Dallas Website:

13. Do I need a Special Event Permit to stage a protest or demonstration?
                                Protests, demonstrations, and rallies are considered a First Amendment right; therefore, a Special Event Permit may not be issued for these types of events. Organizers are asked to contact the Office of Special Events to verify that no events are scheduled in the areas where protests are being planned and to ensure public safety precautions are in place.

Comment

Working...
                                X