Business owners, help with submitting a proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business owners, help with submitting a proposal

So Lyn has an oppotunity to do the cleaning at the Clubhouse for our neighborhood. She had another meeting today with the Board of Directors adn they gave her a sheet of paper with the different area's and what needs to be done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.

Sooo, since we are both new to this type of shit, we bought some software to help build a proposal and invoice.

My question... Since the clubhouse gave her a sheet of paper with what they want done daily, weekly, etc. Do we list that same stuff out on the proposal, or is it kept simple and say we will basically perform the duties as described in their document on a daily, weekly, monthly basis at $XXX cost?

Anyone have any examples of a proposal you have used/sent out you'd wanna share?

TIA!

I would think if you agree with that document and there are no gray areas then simplifying would be alright. I would list it out anyways just to be sure though. Just my opinion.
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

The only bad thing about listing it out, is it would be long! The different area's and each item for daily would be like this.

5 different area's

41 diferent things to clean (from emtpy the trash can's to mopping and dusting)

Comment

I would suggest letting somebody else write it - "area's" ... really?
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

The way it would work in a contract would be for the documents they gave you to be labeled as an exhibit.

The contract would then reference "Exhibit A". It would say: ".....perform the duties related to the cleaning of the areas described in Exhibit A".
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            I would suggest letting somebody else write it - "area's" ... really?
            Yeah, so I type fast and fucked up. I don't give a crap about spelling on message boards or IM so I do not proof read what I type.

Comment

Thanks Al, I knew of all people, you'd have the answer!

I'd have texted 'ya if you would get a phone that was made in this decade!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                Yeah, so I type fast and fucked up. I don't give a crap about spelling on message boards or IM so I do not proof read what I type.
                Rob, Jody no doubt holds you to a higher standard, as he realizes you aren't one of the dolts we usually deal with 'round here...

Or at least we didn't think you were... lol!
                www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

You are better off listing the entire thing on a proposal that the board would sign....this leaves nothing to question...also, if they wanted to add something later, you could then issue a cost increase with no worries on what was considered a part of the original contract. When I do a proposal or an invoice, I list out everything....the less questions...the quicker I get paid.

Comment

I write proposals on my job and we always have a separate list of items the customer did not ask for but has the option of adding them. What this will do is let them know you perform other duties and what the costs are. you may pick up some extra $$ if they see something they haven't though of.

Comment

Working...
                    X