Quick ? Regarding The Texas Firefighter Civil Service Exam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aCid View Post
    The best and cheapest route is wait for a big city to do their hiring. Fort worth, Dallas, Arlington, giving, and ect... you take the civil exam and if you score high enough then you move on to the next step. Problem is, is that you usually test with 2000 - 4000 other people lol. The test usually consists of 105 questions that range from math, word problems, grammar, and random English stuff.
    You need a perfect or near perfect score on these. If you have served in the military you usually get an extra 5 points on your grade. For the big cities the top 5-10% of scores will be avove 100%. So basically if you don't have military bonus points you're SOL.

Comment

Irving will put you through training if you can get hired on with them. You can check the "requirements" for each department. It will tell you if you need your TCFP (Texas Commission on Fire Protection) and EMT-Basic or higher. If it isn't listed, they put you through it. http://www.ci.irving.tx.us/hr/fire-eligibility.asp

You might want to look into volunteer departments to see if anyone will pay for your schooling if you put in the time with the department. PM me if you can't find any other answers you're looking for.

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Try here http://www.dallasfirerescue.com/recruit.htm

and/or 5000 Dolphin Rd. Dallas (DFD Maintenance and Training). They are able to put your foot in the direction you need

Everything is done thru NEOgov..

Also consider your mandated CPAT.. Simple tho

With Dallas, 2900ish roughly apply and 40ish roughly get on..

If you would consider VFD for Dallas, Look in to BOX4 (Red Cross). Housed out of I think 28 off Greenville Ave North of Royal.

Hope this helps.
          Last edited by 034V; 11-14-2011, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Here is the unfortunate reality of the situation....every city has their own hiring process and requirements. There is NO simple "this is how to".

Like mentioned before, some of the larger cities (FtW, Dallas, Arlington) hire and put recruits through their own academies. There may be others, I don't know. Keep checking in or get on their contact list and when the time comes take the test.
            In the mean time. my advice is to contact the local colleges (Tarrant County College for example) that offer Fire schools and talk to a counsler.

Comment

You know, cops are cooler then hose jockeys jus sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                They call me the fireman, that's my name. Makin' my rounds all over town puttin' out old flames.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                  Hey , you so crazy.

Comment

Working...
                  X