Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is your bank charging you for ATM withdrawals ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your bank charging you for ATM withdrawals ?

So I'm looking through my account activity and notice these $2.00 charges from "ATM network". So I called the bank and find out that sept 30 , they ( Compass bank ) started charging $2 per ATM withdraw for non compass ATMs.

Your average ATM fee is $2-3 depending on the ATM , add to that the $2 charge that the bank hits you with, makes it cost you $4-5 to get your own fucking money out.

Compass has no ATM locations, other than at the bank. One of he main reason I chose them back in the day was for free checking and ATM re-imbursment. No I'm being charged for both.

I plan on emptying all three accounts tomorrow morning, any recommendations ?
    Vortex rear stand $75
    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
    11 4 door
    13 FX2 White 5.0

Americas Credit Union Do it!

Comment

Been like that for years with many banks.

Comment

I just joined a credit union a few months back when BOK announced the debit card fee. I know they changed there mind but I like the credit union more now. The rates are also better.

Comment

Credit Unions FTW.
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
            Been like that for years with many banks.
            I've been with compass for about 6 years now, but have never ever had any banks charge me for ATM withdrawals in the past.

I'm not against credit unions, but are they typically local ? I mean , do some CUs have nationwide locations ?
            Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
              I've been with compass for about 6 years now, but have never ever had any banks charge me for ATM withdrawals in the past.

I'm not against credit unions, but are they typically local ? I mean , do some CUs have nationwide locations ?
              Mine is in a few different states but I don't get charged for using other banks ATMs. I think it's 10 free ATM transactions per month. Also my CC is connected to other credit unions nationwide.

Comment

That is the downside to a CU. However, I know my CU will refund me up to 10 or 15 bucks a month for other banks ATM fees.
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Ive been happy with Chase. They have quite a bit of ATM's too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
                    Ive been happy with Chase. They have quite a bit of ATM's too.
                    Do chase charge You a fee for using non-chase ATMs ?
                    Vortex rear stand $75
                    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**

11 4 door
                    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Is there anyone left that does not?

Comment

EECU FTW! You can use 7-Eleven ATM's and there is no fee, they are everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                            Is there anyone left that does not?
                            I don't know, is there ? That's one of the things I'm trying to find out.
                            Vortex rear stand $75
                            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**

11 4 door
                            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                              EECU FTW! You can use 7-Eleven ATM's and there is no fee, they are everywhere.
                              You mean EDS Employee CU?

Its called InTouch CU these days since EDS is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X