Question for the LEO"S here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the LEO"S here?

Now first of all this thread is not to encourage this action in any way. I am just curious. But we had a truck roll in the ditch in front of our work place at about 3:00 am this morning. Seems the driver fled the scene.

They locals called and wanted access to the shop to search for said driver.

My question is this:

Which is a lesser offense, fleeing the scene till the next day or getting that DWI that we know he would have gotten?

Herp-a-fucking derp-derp....
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

well if he didnt hit anyone or anything and only damaged his own vehicle id run too!

Comment

Yes MSTNG86, this was in Burleson. lol

Comment

Are there any laws against fleeing the scene of a one vehicle accident that doesn't damage anyone's property?

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
            well if he didnt hit anyone or anything and only damaged his own vehicle id run too!
            That was pretty much the case.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
              Now first of all this thread is not to encourage this action in any way. I am just curious. But we had a truck roll in the ditch in front of our work place at about 3:00 am this morning. Seems the driver fled the scene.

They locals called and wanted access to the shop to search for said driver.

My question is this:

Which is a lesser offense, fleeing the scene till the next day or getting that DWI that we know he would have gotten?

Well, leaving the scene of an accident is a lot less headache than a DWI.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                Are there any laws against fleeing the scene of a one vehicle accident that doesn't damage anyone's property?
                Good question?

Comment

he'd get something along the lines of fleeing the scene of an accident

I know it's happened to a friend or two. But it's much better than a DWI

Comment

Sounds like he made at least one smart decision by running away. The last thing any one wants is the State fucking them in the ass for the rest of their life over a DWI where only your own car was damaged.

Comment

now if he did hit something, like a tree, or guard rail, or fence, etc.

He could get charged with failure to provide information

Also happened to someone i know

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                        I dont even think it would be leaving the scene of it was a solo accident where there was no damage other than to the drivers car, correct?

My dad got out of a DWI this way, only to get one 2 yrs later lol

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                          I pretty much know what you will go thru with a DWI. What would that person get hit with for fleeing the scene? Is it against the law to flee the scene of a one vehicle wreck with no property damage?

Comment

I'm also thinking it's illegal to leave an abandoned vehicle in a ditch.

still not as bad as a DWI

Comment

I would say i had to leave to get help and couldn't get back there till the next day.
                              Originally posted by Nash B.
                              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Working...
                              X