History Channel Vietnam in HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History Channel Vietnam in HD

If you haven't seen it I suggest you watch it, pretty darn crazy. Lots of good footage. My hats off to all veterans,especially anyone who went through that craziness over there.

watching it now.

Comment

just got done watching my grandpa was in both Korea and Vietnam.

Comment

Great show. when they were talking about the reception they got when they got home it really made me mad/sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
          Great show. when they were talking about the reception they got when they got home it really made me mad/sad.
          Yah its hard to watch a grown man break down like that, its easy to see how talking about it brings him back to that exact moment in his life. Its terrible but if we would have not let those protesting hippies have babies half the OWS people would have never been born.

Comment

GREAT series. I have been watching it and the HD is incredible compared to the old versions of the footage. There's footage I have never seen before and I have watched many, many documentaries on the VW.

Comment

my uncle still wakes up screaming bloody murder at night every holiday when they visit, and what has it been, 40 years?

Comment

I set the dvr for it the other day after reading this thread.

Comment

I watched it all day yesterday.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

I'm keeping up on it as well. Very good series. I'd give anything to have been a member of the air cav. Brave souls.

Comment

Watching it as well. A couple of suprising statistics I learned from it;
                      In WWII, an Infantryman would on average fight 10 days out of the year, in Vietnam an Infantryman saw 240 days on average of fighting. And Also, they spent 30-45 days when they went out in the field. I was always under the assumption as most I'm sure that they went out on patrol and then were picked up at the LZ in a day or two at most and went back to camp.

Comment

Originally posted by rray View Post
                        Watching it as well. A couple of suprising statistics I learned from it;
                        In WWII, an Infantryman would on average fight 10 days out of the year, in Vietnam an Infantryman saw 240 days on average of fighting. And Also, they spent 30-45 days when they went out in the field. I was always under the assumption as most I'm sure that they went out on patrol and then were picked up at the LZ in a day or two at most and went back to camp.
                        Saw that too, crazy stuff. I couldn't help but think if I was there if I would have been one that didn't make it or did. Its crazy to think that so many made it and so many who didn't who were fighting side by side.

Comment

I find it interesting that nva/vc kia was something like 1.1 million and we still lost.

Comment

Working...
                          X