Things to do while in Austin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
    I have eaten there a few times and got the Migas every time. They were good, but i wouldn't say anything i saw there looked great. I'm bored, i need to take a trip down there.
    Come on down, you can always crash here. Honestly Trudy's has some great Migas options.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      Come on down, you can always crash here. Honestly Trudy's has some great Migas options.
      HMMMMMM i might take you up on that SOON. I need to get out of town for a bit to clear my head.

Comment

This was the BEST OF Austin list.

FWIW - Kerby Lane sucks.
        Interesting. I've been to the original 4-5 times, and never had a bad meal there. I do prefer Magnolia to KL though. And I've only been to the one on Lake Austin Dr.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

For great breakfast go to Red River Cafe. It's at the corner of a neighborhood. Food is awesome.

edit::
          Also, Draught House has excellent beer selections. It's up at 42nd and Medical, which is dead smack in the middle of a neighborhood. Austin is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            Yeah, she graduated last May, and actually took a good job here in Dallas. She's down there pretty often to visit her unemployed friends, though...LOL!
            Didn't you have one at Tech at one point too, or was that someone else? Whoever it was had a Cobra convertible.
            And for everyone claiming Kerby Lane is soooo great. I've eaten there twice in the last month and honestly I've had better food at Denny's and Ihop.
            Agreed, I was not impressed. 1 hour wait for breakfast is not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Send me your number again. *If* we get out (don't know that we will), I'll hit you up.

PM coming your way

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Interesting. I've been to the original 4-5 times, and never had a bad meal there. I do prefer Magnolia to KL though. And I've only been to the one on Lake Austin Dr.

I really can't argue with Matt. I am not a fan of magnolia, and I stick with Kerbey on Kerbey because it's the only way I ever get to see my little brother. It's not magical food, but I'll stay loyal as long as baby brother is there.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                  Didn't you have one at Tech at one point too, or was that someone else? Whoever it was had a Cobra convertible.

Agreed, I was not impressed. 1 hour wait for breakfast is not worth it.
                  Not I. One at UT, an older one at UD.

Comment

The only place to eat i've been to is El Arroyo, i thought it was pretty good

Comment

I thought Hop Doddy's was pretty damn good.

Another place that hasn't been mentioned - Juan in a Million. The Don Juan is pretty awesome hangover food.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                        I thought Hop Doddy's was pretty damn good.

Another place that hasn't been mentioned - Juan in a Million. The Don Juan is pretty awesome hangover food.
                        Post #21, but yes I agree.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Food -

The original Kerbey Lane is the only one to visit, if at all.

Taco Deli - Get the Cowboy, excellent. I live next door to the one at Barton Skyway/Mopac.

Torchy's - Gives you the toots, but excellent nonetheless.

P. Terry's - Pretty good "small" burgers

Players - MLK and Guadalupe, good burgers.

Hoboken Pie - Good downtown Pizza

Bars -

Hole in the Wall - Great place with live music every night.

The Local - Pool Tables, Foosball, Awesome people.

Those are the two I hang out at, I have been downtown (6th Street) three times since moving here. I cannot handle the yuppie scum, puking, fighting, and police down there.

If you get time, just take a drive down 360 or 2244 (Bee Cave Rd.) Awesome landscape and ridiculous houses.

-W

Comment

6th street, if you wake up in the morning and remember the night... you wasted your time.
                            Don't Mess With Texas.

Comment

Working...
                            X