Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
    skip austin. continue on to San Antonio

Lets see, cultural mega center of Texas, or an illegal immigration concentration camp. Hmmm

Comment

Riverwalk, Riverwalk, SeaWorld, Riverwalk, Alamo, Riverwalk.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut
        Boring, Cliché, Overpriced aquarium, Tourist trap, Alamo, Mostly comprised of mediocre theme restaurants .
        Fixed.
        Last edited by Treasure Chest; 11-08-2011, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I don't know about you two teasip queers but I'll be pounding a bottle of whiskey.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

and then keep going until you hit Padre.

Fuck San Antonio and FUCK Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
              and then keep going until you hit Padre.

Fuck San Antonio and FUCK Austin.
              Fuck Padre, head for the USVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                If you can't find a party down there, you need to stay in east Texas! ;-)

Check out Trudy's at 35th and Guadalupe (the "drag") for food and drink, and Kerby's (on the "drag") for a hangover breakfast.

While you're down there, swing by the field and kick Mack in the balls for me...
                This! Also, just start drinking and having fun. If you dont have fun you might fail at life.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                  Fuck Padre, head for the USVI.
                  Well sure, but that's a hell of a drive!

Comment

If you want to check out scenery (not the female kind) climb the steps to Mount Bonnell and check it out. Nice views at Oasis overlooking Lake Travis as well.

6th Street obviously ... go to 5th if you want a little more laid back, little older crowd. Opal Divine's has a huge patio you can relax, drink, and watch the drunk tail headed to/from 6th Street.

Magnolia for breakfast food. I thought Homeslice was overrated. I couldn't find a good pizza in Austin to save my life. Rounders was the best pizza I found there. Hula Hut for drinks during the day. Trudy's is a good dinner/margarita spot. Max's Wine Dive (amazing appetizers, you can't go wrong) was a favorite of mine when I was there.
                    Last edited by slow99; 11-08-2011, 09:27 PM.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I've also heard great things about Moonshine for brunch. A buddy I knew in Corpus is the GM up there, but I haven't been yet.

Comment

Whatever you do, stay away from...
                        http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20610
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Franklin' BBQ got rated the best in the nation by Bon Appetite. I believe they open at 11 and sell until they run out (usually around 1 or 2). Be prepared to stand in line, but it's fairly amazing BBQ.

The Oasis is a pretty badass restaurant out on Lake Travis. I'm not sure how cold it is now, but if the weather is decent it has an amazing 3 story patio on the lake.

Comment

I gotta say I was not impressed with the Oasis. It did have a beautiful view of the lake, and everyone standing and applauding the sunset was cool too. But the food absolutely sucked and it was wildly overpriced. I give it a meh.
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                              Dick

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
                                Dick
                                Gotcha!
                                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                                X