Things to do while in Austin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do while in Austin?

Me, my brother and our cousin will be going down to Austin this weekend. Just wondering what are the "in" or "cool" bars to go to while down there? I've only been there once and it wasn't during school time so it was kinda dead, so i'm told.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Matt (silverback) i'm looking in your direction on this

Mugshots
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

find a beer, drink the damn beer
      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
      Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Then go next door to the next bar and repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
          Mugshots

God i hope not

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
            find a beer, drink the damn beer
            Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
            Then go next door to the next bar and repeat.
            Pretty much. I was down there last weekend and if bars are your thing 6th street is the place to be. I think we made it to 7 or 8 different ones, and each has it's own little specialty. Just walk in and if you don't like it just leave and go next door. My favorites were Maggie Mae's (6th/Trinity) that has a roof top bar with a view of the street and I think Stage (6th/Neches) that had some good bean bag tossing going on. Definitely get some pizza at Roppolo's if you do go to 6th.

Comment

Drive the hour to shiner for a tour.

I like la vaca bar, and most bars nearby on 4th. 6th street is fun, but not as much after being out of college party mode now.

Comment

Oh and get a purple margarita from baby acapulcos

Comment

Just don't go to one of those Longhorn games. I heard they were real let-downs.

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                    Me, my brother and our cousin will be going down to Austin this weekend. Just wondering what are the "in" or "cool" bars to go to while down there? I've only been there once and it wasn't during school time so it was kinda dead, so i'm told.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Matt (silverback) i'm looking in your direction on this
                    If you can't find a party down there, you need to stay in east Texas! ;-)

Check out Trudy's at 35th and Guadalupe (the "drag") for food and drink, and Kerby's (on the "drag") for a hangover breakfast.

While you're down there, swing by the field and kick Mack in the balls for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                      Just don't go to one of those Longhorn games. I heard they were real let-downs.

Comment

Hula Hut.

Comment

Make sure you wear a scarf and a fedora so you'll gain the respect of all the resident hipsters.

Comment

I believe Vertnut's daughter is down there going to school and I've heard she's pretty cute.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                              I believe Vertnut's daughter is down there going to school and I've heard she's pretty cute.

Comment

Working...
                              X