No announcement yet.

Title help, please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can assure you that it is not stolen, I know where it was sold from and it also is not a 2 seater like the one on the link, I hope that person gets his rzr back and even a shot at the ones who took it!!

Comment

Call your county tax assessors office and speak to someone in the title office.....your buddy who owns the storage lot should have no issues putting a storage lien on it.

Worst case scenario, you can go bonded title route yourself.

As a fellow ATV owner I will give you strong advice to make sure you have a title for it if you plan to take it outside of your own private property and/or if you think you will ever sell it. I've been stopped for proof of ownership in Texas (on the trailer) and also right on the trail in Colorado (had a Ranger pull us over and check my RZR as well as both Sportsmans I owned at the time). I always carry my reg receipts when I'm traveling with them.
      70' Chevelle RagTop
      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
        Call your county tax assessors office and speak to someone in the title office.....your buddy who owns the storage lot should have no issues putting a storage lien on it.

Worst case scenario, you can go bonded title route yourself.

As a fellow ATV owner I will give you strong advice to make sure you have a title for it if you plan to take it outside of your own private property and/or if you think you will ever sell it. I've been stopped for proof of ownership in Texas (on the trailer) and also right on the trail in Colorado (had a Ranger pull us over and check my RZR as well as both Sportsmans I owned at the time). I always carry my reg receipts when I'm traveling with them.
        Thanks thats good to know, my wife and I ride ATV's as well and have never been stoped, there is a first time for everything!!! I will check with the county office.

Comment

Granted....when I was checked on the trailer I was carrying 3 ATVs on the trailer all at once....and it was a dickhead DPS Trooper too.

I've only been checked that one time in Colorado, but have heard that is common up in those parts....real high theft up that way.
          70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Granted....when I was checked on the trailer I was carrying 3 ATVs on the trailer all at once....and it was a dickhead DPS Trooper too.

I've only been checked that one time in Colorado, but have heard that is common up in those parts....real high theft up that way.
            So what happens if you get pulled over like that but don't have the information with you?
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

To be 100% legal your buddy would have to file a storage lien. That entails him sending a certified letter to the registered owner. Other option would be to get a hold of the guy and get him to sell it. You are playing with fire buying it straight from your buddy. That guy will come back at some point.

Comment

We ran the vin and it dosen't give the current owner, like he never regestered it in his name the title said it was surrendered. Any ideas on how to get the other dudes name who hasn't regestered it?

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                  So what happens if you get pulled over like that but don't have the information with you?
                  In Texas I'm really not sure...I assume they would impound the machine, though. We were on our way out on a trip so I had the reg receipts with me, but he also wrote down all 3 VINs and ran them for himself...of course everything was clean and in my name. He pulled me over in the first place for no front plate (typical chickenshit excuse from DPS). I didn't ask and didn't question him at all though....just tried to be polite and compliant as possible, even though he was a total smartass throughout the entire ordeal.

However, for the time in Colorado...the Ranger was really nice...even gave us one of his maps and made some recommendations on places to ride. He told us that of course the machine would be confiscated if it came back stolen...but he also said that he would have to issue a citation for failure to provide ownership had I not had my papers with me....even if it did come back clean and in my name. I guess it's mandatory up there that you always carry proof of ownership. If you are there longer than 7-days you are also supposed to get a visitors permit sticker that costs something like $23…I’ve never done that, though.
                  70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Originally posted by v1cobra View Post
                    We ran the vin and it dosen't give the current owner, like he never regestered it in his name the title said it was surrendered. Any ideas on how to get the other dudes name who hasn't regestered it?
                    If you haven't done so already you might try posting the question over here - http://www.rzrforums.net/
                    70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

If you haven't done so already you might try posting the question over here - http://www.rzrforums.net/
                      Will do, thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X