Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone on here cleaned their DSLR sensor before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone on here cleaned their DSLR sensor before?

My D300 has some shit on the sensor, it's wet and it isn't coming off with air. I'll need to clean it with a swab. I'm curious if anyone on here has experience with doing it themselves?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    My D300 has some shit on the sensor, it's wet and it isn't coming off with air. I'll need to clean it with a swab. I'm curious if anyone on here has experience with doing it themselves?
    Take it to Fort Worth camera. Or, there's a camera shop on White Settlement just a few blocks west of Henderson. I don't remember the name, but it's on the north side of the street.

Or:

Comment

ah, forgot about the facetube.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Damn. That second video just about put me to sleep.

Comment

are you sure its the sensor and not the mirror or viewfinder? Not trying to insult your intelligence just know its pretty common for people to confuse the two if theyve never done it.

Comment

Did it several times when I was into photography. I used the method in the second video (didnt watch the first). Always came out perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
              are you sure its the sensor and not the mirror or viewfinder? Not trying to insult your intelligence just know its pretty common for people to confuse the two if theyve never done it.
              Oh, it's on the sensor for damn sure.

Comment

LOL That sucks. Hate editing out sensor specs. There is a lot of DIY kits available. I'd personally take it to a camera shop though.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                  Take it to Fort Worth camera. Or, there's a camera shop on White Settlement just a few blocks west of Henderson. I don't remember the name, but it's on the north side of the street.
                  Good people at Ft Worth Camera. The other place is called Shutterworks IIRC and is about 1600 White Settlement Rd. Never been in that place though.
                  "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
                  George Orwell

Comment

If you don't want to hassle with that I know someone who has a cheap D80, with a 18-200 mm VR lens for sale.
                    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

I would personally have someone else do it ie a well known shop. Sensor's are no joke. Yeah, it may be inexpensive and easy but that isn't a risk I would want to take, especially with a $1,000+ camera.
                      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                        If you don't want to hassle with that I know someone who has a cheap D80, with a 18-200 mm VR lens for sale.
                        ^i assume that's a joke? Lol.

+1 on fort worth camera. Every time I've been there they have been real friendly and cool. Plus you can grab some in n out while you're there

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                          lol, got a spec on my sensor, fuck it i'll just buy a new camera
                          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                            ^i assume that's a joke? Lol.

+1 on fort worth camera. Every time I've been there they have been real friendly and cool. Plus you can grab some in n out while you're there
                            Five Guys is better
                            Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                            Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Working...
                            X