Cruise people inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise people inside

The gf and I are planning to take a cruise in early April. Are the balcony rooms worth the extra charge? I don't imagine we will be in there a lot but it could be nice to have at night/early morning. Are there any certain perks to look for in a cruise?
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Never been myself, but a close friend goes several times a year and says it's worth every dime. Apparently, the interior cabins can be almost claustrophobic.

Comment

we always get inside staterooms, get rooms in the middle of the ship on a floor that has rooms above/below it (front and rear of the boat experience the most motion), and the rear of the ship typically has the clubs and engines that generate a lot of noise and heat. we spend very little time in our rooms so i don't personally think the balcony or rooms with windows are worth it, plus it's nice that the rooms are pitch dark any time you want them to be (great for midday nap).

Comment

On a cruise, the only thing that matters is you have a good size, comfortable bed. We basically just walked around, ate and drank, and then went to take naps all day long. I don't see much of a benefit to having the balcony rooms, unless you are the type of people that like to sit out on a balcony and relax.

Comment

I had to cancel mine at the end of this month....had a room on the top level right next to the elevators.....

But I got a job instead so I guess it was a good trade....
          Originally posted by Sean88gt
          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
          Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
            we always get inside staterooms, get rooms in the middle of the ship on a floor that has rooms above/below it (front and rear of the boat experience the most motion), and the rear of the ship typically has the clubs and engines that generate a lot of noise and heat. we spend very little time in our rooms so i don't personally think the balcony or rooms with windows are worth it, plus it's nice that the rooms are pitch dark any time you want them to be (great for midday nap).
            ^This was my experience, as well. Granted, I'm not a cruise person. It's neat that the vacation starts as soon as you step foot on the ship, but I hate being scheduled on my vacations. My mom cruises quite a bit, and she swears by balcony suites.

Comment

Balcony rooms are worth it, plus you get a view. The interior rooms are cramped and claustorphobic. The higher the room, the less you notice the boat moving.

Comment

To me it depends where your going, I took a cruise for a week in the Hawaiian islands and having the balcony was well worth it just because of how awesome the scenery was.

Comment

In your past experiences were the balconys shared or private?
                  07 f250-family truckster
                  08 Denali -baby hauler
                  52 f1-rust bucket
                  05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

most are private but you can literally jump to the next one so dont expect any privacy

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                      Balcony we had on our Honeymoon was semi-private, just partitions separating each one.

Definately worth it, IMO. I liked getting up early and having coffee out there, and having a drink out there in the evening before dinner while the wife got ready. It was also nice having a place to watch while we docked/left the dock.

I've also had an interior room, and dville_gt is right, it can be pitch black at all times if you want. You can't even tell what time of day it is if you're not careful. I like to take naps and all, but I don't want to spend my entire cruise sleeping.

Comment

I've always had the balcony rooms and will always go that route. So i think they are defiantly worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                          I've never been on one where the balcony wasn't completely walled off like at a hotel. It's not like you can see your neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
                            I've never been on one where the balcony wasn't completely walled off like at a hotel. It's not like you can see your neighbors.
                            Ah ok that's more what I was getting at. Thanks
                            07 f250-family truckster
                            08 Denali -baby hauler
                            52 f1-rust bucket
                            05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
                              Balcony rooms are worth it, plus you get a view. The interior rooms are cramped and claustorphobic. The higher the room, the less you notice the boat moving.
                              Agreed! I've been on 5 cruises and the last one was my first balcony, definitely worth it. Nice to leave the door open and hear the waves at night and just walk out in the morning to relax.

Comment

Working...
                              X