I'm employed again! (And Hello)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats man.

I feel your pain on the "no bites" from sending out resumes. It's a fucking beat down sometimes and just getting an interview can pump your attitude significantly.

Good luck on the new gig too. Seems Navistar is doing some serious hiring lately.
    <-- Had a phone interview with them last month

David

Comment

Hey Chris! Was wondering what ever happened to you. Glad to hear everything's okay... or at least looking better.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Word, playa. Word.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
          Congrats man.

I feel your pain on the "no bites" from sending out resumes. It's a fucking beat down sometimes and just getting an interview can pump your attitude significantly.

Good luck on the new gig too. Seems Navistar is doing some serious hiring lately.
          <-- Had a phone interview with them last month

David
          You have a PM.

Comment

Welcome back.

Car ready yet?

Comment

Good to hear. Stay away from the hard drugs and you should do fine.

Comment

Good luck over there dude!
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

more importantly did you learn a lesson? a short temper and back talking will get you nothing

welcome back!

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    more importantly did you learn a lesson? a short temper and back talking will get you nothing

welcome back!
                    It wasn't MY short temper. I had flown into Salt Lake City to join a new team. I had been working with a different group in the prior weeks. I got mixed up on my flight times and missed my flight, and caught the flu and was exhausted when I finally arrived.

The team was already a man short, then I was a day late getting to town.... then I called to tell the team lead I was taking some Immodium and some flu meds and would be in to the postal facility to join the team in a couple of honurs.

The team lead was stressed and pissed, and launched string of curse words at me while ending the phone call. I then sent an email to the manager in PA about my situation. However, the network was screwed up and my phone never released the email. So from the company standpoint, I was a "no call, no show" for the rest of the day. When I called to report to work, I was told I was laid off.

The whole situation was a bad deal. I own my part completely for not ensuring proper communication.

By the way, I never even had a formal interview with them. They were hiring up all the Northrop people that were leaving the flats sorter project we were all on, and I simply sent my resume to them, they sent me application, I-9, W-4, and direct deposit forms via email, I sent them back, and was given a start date. I joined a team and worked witht them for a few weeks, then was moving to a different team and was going to be groomed for a lead position, then BAM. Missed flight, called in sick, was MIA due to email problems, etc... and the short temper and non tolerance of the team leader in the field and the management had me released from the job just as easily as I had obtained it.

I do not think I was given a fair shake, but any of you who are familiar with field work and the raw attitudes of installation team members and leads know that a man short will shake up the boat big time. And them not knowing me didn't help at all. It just seemed to them as if I was some flake who didn't have his shit together, and they didn't need that on their team, so fuck ME. I have been on both ends of similar situations over the years, so I certainly understand.

But yes I did learn a lesson about paying more attention to business. Ove the last year or two I have slipped a step or two with being sharp and on top of things, and it bit me in the ass big time in a few different areas in life.

I'm still paying consequences for getting of the straight and narrow path I was on for 10 years or so, but I'm on the right track again.

Comment

oh ok i see! that just sucks ass.

Comment

sup Chris?

Comment

its like you never left
                          http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Working...
                          X