No announcement yet.

top gear fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clarkson owns a ford gt, enough said.............
    pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
      Oh, I'll give it to them, they're entertaining. I just remember the Corvette ZR1 hanging with or bettering the cars they compared to, they admit to it, then had to find something to hate on: the plastic and *gasp* leaf springs. Helloo! $200K Ferrari vs half the cost 'Vette...

Of course the said something about the leaf springs. They also said something about the cost disparity, and Clarkson said the ZR1 was "Enzo fast and intoxicating." sounds like you're focusing on the negative and letting it over ride the positives.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Of course the said something about the leaf springs. They also said something about the cost disparity, and Clarkson said the ZR1 was "Enzo fast and intoxicating." sounds like you're focusing on the negative and letting it over ride the positives.
        The show is entertaining and informative. I just tired of anything American, in the end, they'd find some reason to not like it.
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

The show is entertaining and informative. I just tired of anything American, in the end, they'd find some reason to not like it.

You must only be watching the shows where they deal with Chrysler products. And even in that case, Hammond bought a Challenger.

Can you give me a specific example?

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
            5-10 year old Ford plastic > 5-10 year old BMW/Mercedes paper/plastic interior. After about 5 years, those eurotrash hoopties disintegrate.

< For the record, I was writing my post before Eric's was posted so each post is independent but yet the same.
            My friends 2006 M5 is holding together nicely, and there's very little plastic on the interior.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
              My friends 2006 M5 is holding together nicely, and there's very little plastic on the interior.

My 01 740iL had almost no plastic and the interior looked nearly mint at 100k when I sold it.

Comment

My 01 740iL had almost no plastic and the interior looked nearly mint at 100k when I sold it.
                I've been meaning to ask you how you liked that car, and why you got rid of it.

Comment

You must only be watching the shows where they deal with Chrysler products. And even in that case, Hammond bought a Challenger.

Can you give me a specific example?
                  Well...I agreed with them on the Crossfire.

Dang, I can't...been so long since I've seen the show. I recall them bagging on the live axle on 2005 Mustang. The irony is, hardly anybody in the UK could have a car like that. But it seems they always say "oh, it's an American car" with such animosity.

Comment

Plastic or cardboard/paper pulp product wrapped in vinyl or leather is still plastic or cardboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                      And he named the ZR1 as "The car of the year" last year.

Yes, they do complain a lot about American cars, but it's not unfounded. The vast majority of American cars corner like a horse-drawn buggy when compared to European or Japanese cars. American cars do typically use lower quality materials on the interior. The build quality, well, that's well documented. Although, the gap in build quality between American cars and European cars is much less than it was 5 years ago.
                      Another interesting thing to note is that a growing number of "American" cars are actually "global" cars (i.e. Chevy Cruze, 2012 Ford Focus, etc.), and, as such, tend to be better cars than American-market-only cars.
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Well...I agreed with them on the Crossfire.

Dang, I can't...been so long since I've seen the show. I recall them bagging on the live axle on 2005 Mustang. The irony is, hardly anybody in the UK could have a car like that. But it seems they always say "oh, it's an American car" with such animosity.

That's just part of British humour. Hell, let them take some pot shots. We still won the revolution, and they do it the same with everyone else.

Comment

That's just part of British humour. Hell, let them take some pot shots. We still won the revolution, and they do it the same with everyone else.

At any rate, I'll have to try to catch the episode they're filming TMS.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                            He sold it and even said he did on the show.

He goes through cars left and right

Comment

So will Mexico protest out front because of Hamster making fun of them and their supercar?

Comment

Hammond owns a GT390.

When they bagged on the GT 500, it was simply about putting that much power in a car, and not doing anything to the suspension, hell the Roush they drove around their track with less horsepower, did a better time.

You have to remember the English never really got into drag racing, most are F1 fans, and so a car that handles like a turd, but makes 500 horsepower, doesn't make sense to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X