top gear fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top gear fans

I heard this morning on the radio(wbap 820) that richard hammond is doing a segment for a top gear episode at TMS this weekend...

can anyone confirm this? havent heard anything else about it

no but his review of the Veyron SS was pretty sweet.

Comment

Confirmed
      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

I might make the journey if it were all three of them but Hammond kinda annoys me on his own. Still interesting
        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

According to a tweet by Eddie Gossage (President of Texas Motor Speedway), "the BBC will be here this weekend shooting episode of long running, highly rated show Top Gear with Richard Hammond". I replied, "US or UK Top Gear?" to confirm, and he replied back "UK". Keep an eye out!!

And from NASCAR... On Sunday Nov 5

The world’s #1 show is coming to Texas Motor Speedway to get a taste of American auto racing. Top Gear (BBC) is sending host Richard Hammond to experience his first NASCAR race, where he’ll meet with Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson, tour a hauler with Steve Letarte, drive the pace car before the NASCAR Sprint Cup race and even help out in the pits with the No. 5 team. …
          Last edited by 01vnms4v; 11-03-2011, 08:43 PM.

Comment

^ sweeet. any idea when and if we'd be able to meet him?
            Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Jeez...you know they'll bag on it.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post

That's what I like about the show. The fact that they are real journalists instead of kissing everyones ass.

Comment

its rednecks driving in circles right?

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Anything American, they'll hail as crap even thought they'll later admit they like it. To me, it gets annoying. Somehow, the crappy plastic in a BMW is superior to the same crappy plastic in a Ford and on, and on and on...

Comment

Anything American, they'll hail as crap even thought they'll later admit they like it. To me, it gets annoying. Somehow, the crappy plastic in a BMW is superior to the same crappy plastic in a Ford and on, and on and on...
                      Yeah, but there's way less crappy plastic in a BMW than in a Ford.

Comment

That's awesome. By the way they bag on everyone and everything. One of my favorite lines from that show is when Jeremy called the French "cheese eating surrender monkeys". Great great show.

Comment

Jounalism is understanding that almost anything quantifiable will have both positives and negatives. Get in an 05 F150 and an 05 ___ Series BMW and tell me which one has more plastic. Or hell, make it interesting and make the BMW 5 years older. They are equally as positive as they are negative, which reflects their honesty. Look at the episode where they went to the Salt Flats. The cars had tons of flaws, but they loved them anyway, which is the mark of true car guys. We all have something that annoys the hell out of us about our own cars, but we still like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                            Yeah, but there's way less crappy plastic in a BMW than in a Ford.
                            5-10 year old Ford plastic > 5-10 year old BMW/Mercedes paper/plastic interior. After about 5 years, those eurotrash hoopties disintegrate.

< For the record, I was writing my post before Eric's was posted so each post is independent but yet the same.

Comment

Oh, I'll give it to them, they're entertaining. I just remember the Corvette ZR1 hanging with or bettering the cars they compared to, they admit to it, then had to find something to hate on: the plastic and *gasp* leaf springs. Helloo! $200K Ferrari vs half the cost 'Vette. Anytime an American car is up, they find something to complain about. I never hear as much scrutiny when it's a Euro car.
                              Last edited by GhostTX; 11-04-2011, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X