Do You Have Deerborn Heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Have Deerborn Heater

That you dont want. I need a small one for my deer blind.
    Photobucket

*dearborn

Comment

Are they quiet enough for the blind? I have never put a heater in our blinds, but would consider one if it won't spook em. Most of our gun blinds are about one hundered yards...

Comment

Originally posted by fredfarmer View Post
        Are they quiet enough for the blind? I have never put a heater in our blinds, but would consider one if it won't spook em. Most of our gun blind are about one hundered yards...
        Mine is quiet enough

Comment

I just have a column with small bottle. my blind is 4x6 and I wanted to make sure there is enough room for the heater and two people.

one of our guys has a condo blind lol it has a dearborn, a living room chair with ottoman, an emergency toilet and a barstool height chair to sit on if hunting.

its a huge stand that is very 8ft tall so if you are sitting anywhere other then the barstool chair you can't see out (unless standing obviously)

no lie this stand is probably 6x10 and its built on a trailer.

WAY WAY WAY too big, but easy to move
          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Just found this pic. This is the same guys 2nd stand

Comment

The Dearborn heaters are great if you have a bigger blind. Mine is a 4x8x7. Also you can heat up breakfast sandwiches on the top of it. I personally have never used one but my buddy swears by his.
              Photobucket

Comment

Black Cat....

Comment

Originally posted by BEARY View Post
                  Black Cat....
                  Have one. It works ok at best.
                  Photobucket

Comment

A friend of mine bought a Mr. Buddy heater (the bigger one) and just bought the adaptor/extension hose for his propane bottle.

I'm sure you can find plenty of the Dearborn heaters at Canton if that's what you really want.

Comment

My dad has the big Buddy heater too and says it works like a champ and he has to turn it off shortly after starting it.... BUT... his stand is build out of 3" insulated panels haha, a match would probably be enough for him!

of course Craigslist has plenty of Dearbornes

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post

I'm sure you can find plenty of the Dearborn heaters at Canton if that's what you really want.
                        Hadnt thought of that.

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                        My dad has the big Buddy heater too and says it works like a champ and he has to turn it off shortly after starting it.... BUT... his stand is build out of 3" insulated panels haha, a match would probably be enough for him!

of course Craigslist has plenty of Dearbornes
                        Cant hardly find one for less than 100 bucks. Guess I might have to break down and spend it.
                        Photobucket

Comment

Yeah, they're kinda pricey if you ask me. Which is the main reason I haven't bought one myself. But now that I plan on taking my 5yr old son with me, I need to get something to break the chill in the mornings.

I have one of these single heaters and am currently brainstorming on how I can mount that in my blind and also keep the tank outside, on the ground. I'm 5ft off the ground in a 4x6.
                          Last edited by GeorgeG.; 11-09-2011, 12:58 PM.

Comment

this is what my dad did

Comment

Try hitting up some estate sales. My dad has picked up a few for less than $20.

*or garage sales at older homes

Comment

Working...
                              X