More International Travel for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
    We had a bunch of folks going over there for a while....I saw some nasty pictures brought back and heard some horrid stories.....one picture that sticks out in my head was a couple of those stinkies cleaning a dog (not a bath, like field-dressing)....getting it ready to eat.

One of the guys in my division got extremely ill over there....they couldn't figure out what was wrong with him and the company eventually paid huge dollars to have him transported (under medical care) back to the States, where he was immediately hospitalized. Turns out that he had gotten some sort of parasite that was literally eating up his digestive system. The guy had to have several surgeries, was in intensive care and hospitalized for weeks once he got back...had to take LOA and a long recovery road....ended up being off from work for like 3-4 months when it was all said and done. There was a point in time where he wasn't expected to make it....damn near died.

This has been about 5-years ago, and he is still messed up from it....used to be a big chunky guy, now he's a little scrawny skinny fucker that always looks sickly.

Damn. Hazard pay?!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Damn. Hazard pay?!
      There is a reason the Brits call them pissheads....

Comment

I spent a month in India back in May/June. Stepping off the plane into the chaos that is India was quite a culture shock. The first two weeks were pretty bad, was extremely homesick and aside from going to work, didnt leave my hotel.

The second two weeks were much better, got out, saw some sights, etc. but I was ready to come home. The people are all very nice and very pleasant. For the most part everyone has good hygine (at least in the professional environment) but there is ALOT of poverty and the entire time I was there I was always uneasy. Just something about the culture that puts me on edge.

I'm hoping this time around will be much easier, I already know what to expect, so the adjustment period won't be as bad. I was fortunate to find a Hard Rock Cafe that served Beef burgers... visited that place a few times, about the only place that actually felt a little like home.

Comment

Switzerland is the BOMB!

Comment

Photographs and experiences in India featuring widespread poverty, filth, & rotting corpses in the Ganges River along with translated Chinese netizen reactions More
            Ded

Comment

It's interesting to listen to the Indian that works for me tell how terrible things are there. He goes back once or twice a year for family, but won't eat anything except at his families house, and still is nervous drinking water that has been boiled. Their poverty and filth is unimaginable.

Be careful!
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
              X