Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richardson Fire Department interview ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richardson Fire Department interview ???

I passed the Richardson Fire Department written test and the PPA and have an interview on Friday. I've done the tests but have never had an interview before. What should I expect? Any advice?

TIA
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Expect to get the job! Make sure you close them!

Comment

Dress nice, arrive early, dont sit till they tell you to, sit straight, make good eye contact with everyone on the panel, dont figit around. They ask you to tell thim about yourself. Expect to hear questions like why do you want to work for the Richardson Fire dept? If hired what can we expect from you? What do you know about the city of richardson? Then prob ask you some scenario based questions. Be yourself and dont seem fake, they can read right through that. If you answere a question one way dont change your answere if they question it.

Good luck
      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
      sigpic

Comment

My brother suggested a suit. I've never owned a suit. Is that too much or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
          Definatly not too much, I wore one to my interview.
          "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
          http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
          Factory Five MK4 Cobra
          Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
          http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
          www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
          sigpic

Comment

I worked at RPD before. I'm currently on the Board of the North Texas Fire Investigators' Assc and I work with a lot of the Richardson guys every month. I'd definitely recommend wearing a suit and be squared away.

Comment

Shouldn't even be a question. Wear a suit.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

I'd wear a suit. Kick some ass man! be sure and report back what happens. I'll be coming off active duty soon and am curious as to a first hand account of the hiring process. I would love to be a FF.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                    I'd wear a suit. Kick some ass man! be sure and report back what happens. I'll be coming off active duty soon and am curious as to a first hand account of the hiring process. I would love to be a FF.
                    No offense to any other dept. meant....

If you're serious about becoming a FF, keep an eye on Ft. Worth. Even with the bad economy, there should be at least one class a year. FtW hires an entire class of at least 25 as opposed to most depts which will hire 1-2 a year...IF that.
                    FtW has it's own academy which means FF/EMT/Para certs not required.
                    DD214 gets you 5 points on the entry exam.
                    Pay/benefits pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      shouldn't even be a question. Wear a suit.
                      this.

Comment

good luck man, I hope it works out

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
                          No offense to any other dept. meant....

If you're serious about becoming a FF, keep an eye on Ft. Worth. Even with the bad economy, there should be at least one class a year. FtW hires an entire class of at least 25 as opposed to most depts which will hire 1-2 a year...IF that.
                          FtW has it's own academy which means FF/EMT/Para certs not required.
                          DD214 gets you 5 points on the entry exam.
                          Pay/benefits pretty good.
                          good luck with FtW, i scored a 98% on their exam back in 2000 and didnt even get to the next step in the process, i think the cutoff was 101% or 102%. It was impossible for me to pass without military experience. However, if you test well you might make the next step with your 5 points for military. i tested with 1000 other people. yes, some departments may only be hiring 1-2 at a time but the pool of people testing will be much smaller. My advice is, test everywhere and dont pass up a test no matter what the odds are. I got calls from 3 departments after i got hired.

Comment

Richardson is hiring 12 right now, maybe more.

Originally posted by GE View Post
                            I worked at RPD before. I'm currently on the Board of the North Texas Fire Investigators' Assc and I work with a lot of the Richardson guys every month. I'd definitely recommend wearing a suit and be squared away.
                            I bought a suit today, never owned one before. Squared away? What kind of things should I expect from the panel interviews?

Comment

Richardson is hiring 12 right now, maybe more.

I bought a suit today, never owned one before. Squared away? What kind of things should I expect from the panel interviews?
                              Squared away is actually an old sailing term, but it's primarily used in military/law enforcement nowadays. Essentially it means having things in order, having your shit together, etc. I haven't been through a fire dept interview, just a police interview when I got hired on. How far along in the process are you, is this pretty early on?

Comment

Working...
                              X